none
Trying to connect Win10Pro clients to Windows server 2012r2 Essential RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to connect 5ea win10Pro clients to Windows Server 2012r2 Essential.  My Win 10 clients are on version 1803.  I did not find a download for Connector for win 10 anywhere.  Could you please point me to the download? 

Will the existing Connector work with win10 version 1803? 

I have just buried my old WHS version 1 and need a simple file server and backup only.  I am a total newbie and would appreciate any help you could give me.  Is the resolution of the 1903 version anywhere near?

Thanks

Sunday, July 21, 2019 10:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Access client to your WSE system to download appropriate Connector.exe. Windows 10(including all builds) is supported on Windows Server Essentials 2012/R2.

Connect windows 10 to WSE’s network, on the client system, open IE and type http://<servername or IP address>/connect, where <servername or IP address> is the name/IP address of your WSE server. Then, click Download software for Windows.

Reference “Get Connected in Windows Server Essentials” for detail steps:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server-essentials/use/get-connected-in-windows-server-essentials

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 22, 2019 6:32 AM
  • Thanks very much Eve.
    Monday, July 22, 2019 11:10 AM
  • Hi,

It’s my pleasure.

Please remember to click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 2:17 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang     

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 8:21 AM
  • I give up
    Thursday, July 25, 2019 3:51 PM
  • Hi,

Is there any error or problem when trying to connect win10 to WSE, if possible, please capture relate screenshot, and provide us the detail error message. 

Also, if connecting problem happens on specific OS version, please choose one of the problematic client OS, then, patch it fully with Windows Update/Hotfix, then, try to connect again to check the result.

Windows 10 and Windows Server 2019 update history:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4464619

Also, please make sure that your WSE is fully patched, it would be helpful for resolving some known issues and improving the performance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Friday, July 26, 2019 1:53 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Monday, July 29, 2019 7:00 AM