none
User profile import : importing memberof field. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

How can i map "memberof" property of active directory user with the sharepoint userprofile property. My requirement is to pull membership information of active directory user into sharepoint user profile.

Thanks,
    Gaurav Dixit
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 2:26 PM

Answers

• Hello Gaurav,

If you want to import the names of the Active Directory security group that the user belongs to, it is not a default property in the Shared Services.

Based on a series of tests, I’m afraid that there is no out-of-box way to import AD security groups into user profile via custom profile properties.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Lionel Chen

Thursday, July 16, 2009 8:48 AM

All replies

• It should be done automatically, If you go to ssp-> User profile & properties -> Memberhsip & BDC import status, Is it always or "idle" or does it have a time mentioned across it

HK
    Tuesday, July 14, 2009 6:26 PM
  • Hi HK, Thanks for reply. It is showing "Idle - Completed in 0h 0m 22s". Where can i see the membership information in user profile? Thanks, Gaurav Dixit
    Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:20 AM
  • Hello Gaurav,

If you want to import the names of the Active Directory security group that the user belongs to, it is not a default property in the Shared Services.

Based on a series of tests, I’m afraid that there is no out-of-box way to import AD security groups into user profile via custom profile properties.

Thanks for your patience and understanding. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions.

Best Regards,

Lionel Chen

Thursday, July 16, 2009 8:48 AM
  • Hi, Is it fixed in Sharepoint 2013 ??
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 9:14 AM