none
Microsoft office 2016 crashes RRS feed

• Question

• When install office 2016 everything looks fine and i can access it and save documents.  When the 1st round of updates are applied. there are about 50.  Microsoft office applications crash when i click on the shortcut link.  it does open in safe mode, however it says the product is not activated and i am unable to activate because it tells me i am not an administrator.  i did login as administrator.  I believe it may be a particular update, not sure if anyone has experiencing this.  it is only happening to one user.  All other users have reported no issues.   

Michael

• Edited by MD425 Monday, November 4, 2019 8:34 PM
    Monday, November 4, 2019 5:33 PM

Answers

• I found the update that was crashing office and when opened in safe mode it displayed as it was unlicensed.

KB4475514- uninstalling this update, office applications opened and showed it was licensed. 

Michael

• Marked as answer by MD425 Monday, November 4, 2019 8:34 PM
    • Edited by MD425 Monday, November 4, 2019 8:35 PM
    Monday, November 4, 2019 8:34 PM

All replies

• I found the update that was crashing office and when opened in safe mode it displayed as it was unlicensed.

KB4475514- uninstalling this update, office applications opened and showed it was licensed. 

Michael

• Marked as answer by MD425 Monday, November 4, 2019 8:34 PM
    • Edited by MD425 Monday, November 4, 2019 8:35 PM
    Monday, November 4, 2019 8:34 PM
  • Hi Michael,

Thanks for sharing solution here. Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

==================

Issue Symptom:

Office 2016 crashes when click on the shortcut link.

Solution:

The solution provided by user:

The update that was crashing office and when opened in safe mode it displayed as it was unlicensed.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 8:58 AM