none
When Searching or Poping out email outlook not responding RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

we are using office365 accounts configured in outlook 2016 when users search or clicking on pop-out outlook display "not responding" after some time it works its a performance issue or office search issues.

RaSa

Monday, August 6, 2018 9:22 AM

All replies

• Hi Syed_Rabbani,

Before we go on, could you please clarify the following questions then we can help you better about the issue:

1. What do you exactly mean by "clicking on pop-out"?
    2. Does this issue affect all users in the same environment? If this is the case, please have a check to see if all the users are running the same build of Outlook 2016.

Besides, it is suggested to have a look at the Event Viewer when the issue occurs and see if anything relevant would be recorded out there.

Any findings, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 6:48 AM
  • Hi Yuki, thanks for the reply

1. while composing an email and replying from inside the reading panel

2. no for some users only

Regards

Rabbani

RaSa

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 10:49 AM
  • Hi Rabbani,

Please try running Outlook in safe mode(Press Win+R, type "outlook /safe", press Enter.) on the affected users' computers and see if the issue continues.

Also please confirm if the problematic users are running the same build of Outlook as the working ones. You may check the version information via File > Office Account > About Outlook.

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 1:26 AM
  • Hi Yuki sure i will verify the build and event log on share the details

thanks for your time

RaSa

Friday, August 10, 2018 3:15 AM
  • Hi Yuki sure i will verify the build and event log on share the details

thanks for your time

RaSa

Post back at your convenience if you get any findings on the issue :)

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Friday, August 10, 2018 9:00 AM
  • Yes, the problematic user has the same Version of Outlook. outlook has almost 10,000 items is this would be a problem, I believe MSFT does not consider outlook limitations for better performance, when they design 50GB mailbox storage limits for office365 cloud emails.

Outlook MSO 16.0.9126.2259  64 bit

subscription product Microsoft office pro plus

RaSa

Monday, August 13, 2018 5:25 AM
  • Yes, the problematic user has the same Version of Outlook. outlook has almost 10,000 items is this would be a problem, I believe MSFT does not consider outlook limitations for better performance, when they design 50GB mailbox storage limits for office365 cloud emails.

Outlook MSO 16.0.9126.2259  64 bit

subscription product Microsoft office pro plus

RaSa

Hi Rabbani,

I noticed that you are running the lasted build of Outlook in Semi-Annual Channel, may I know if this is a recently occurred issue right after upgrading to the latest version? 

As per the concern of the mailbox size, if possible, I'd like to suggest checking if others with fewer items in Outlook are encountering the issue. Or you may try testing with a mailbox by exporting some items to a .PST file to reduce the mailbox size and see if there is any improvement. 

Regards,

Yuki Sun

Tuesday, August 14, 2018 7:52 AM