none
Custom Tiles in SharePoint Servers 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Can anyone help?

I am trying to add a custom tile but when I view the hidden "Custom Tiles List" I see an extra column called "$Resources:spscore,CustomTilesList_Feature_TileSwitch;"  Which does not show in the implementation documentation. Can anyone explain what this column is and its purpose?

Also, I have added the tile but it does not show in the App Launcher. I have run the CreatSuiteLinkCache() in the browser but this has not worked either! Can any advise or point me in the right direction?

Many thanks

Friday, June 7, 2019 7:33 AM

Answers

• Please see this link

The clearsuitelinkscache() command can take a few tries. But again this is mentioned in the link.

I assume you also typo the command just writing it in here and not in the browser.

If this is helpful please mark it so. Also if this solved your problem mark as answer.

• Marked as answer by Kier4n Monday, June 10, 2019 10:38 AM
    Saturday, June 8, 2019 12:24 PM
  • If you're seeing that $Resources, it likely means you haven't applied the language pack (wssmui) patch. For most months, there are two patches you need to apply to your farm.

Trevor Seward

Office Servers and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Saturday, June 8, 2019 2:49 PM

All replies

• Please see this link

The clearsuitelinkscache() command can take a few tries. But again this is mentioned in the link.

I assume you also typo the command just writing it in here and not in the browser.

If this is helpful please mark it so. Also if this solved your problem mark as answer.

Saturday, June 8, 2019 12:24 PM
  • If you're seeing that $Resources, it likely means you haven't applied the language pack (wssmui) patch. For most months, there are two patches you need to apply to your farm.

Trevor Seward

Office Servers and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Saturday, June 8, 2019 2:49 PM
  • Hi,

If you find any replies helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. 

If you have solved the problem yourself, you can reply the solution and mark it as the answer. 

It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum. 

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, June 10, 2019 7:09 AM
  • Great, thank you for this information. I will look at installing.
    Monday, June 10, 2019 10:37 AM