none
Offce 2019 Installation RRS feed

• Question

• Dear Team

Presently, i have installed microsoft office365 proplus from 365, now i wanted to installed office2019 . i have downloaded office from VLC and deploymentkit too. how do i install office 2019 keeping other office or if i remove the office365 proplus  and install the office2019 what are the differences between office365 and office2019 prof.

regards

Rabbani

RaSa

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 3:42 AM

All replies

• Hi Rabbani:

Do you mean that you want to install Office 2019 Pro instead of Office 365? Compared with Office 2019 Pro, I recommend you continue to use Office 365, for Office 365 already have all the features, and many more, that are included in Office 2019.

You can’t install both Office 365 and Office 2019 Pro on the same computer. Because your Office 2019 Pro is volume licensed version. “For Office 365 and Office 2019 products, all products installed on the computer must be using the same update channel. For example, the volume licensed version of Office Professional Plus 2019 can only use the PerpetualVL2019 update channel. Therefore, it can’t be installed on the same computer that has Project Online Desktop Client using Semi-Annual Channel or on the same computer that has Visio Online Plan 2 (the subscription version of Visio that was previously named Visio Pro for Office 365) using Monthly Channel.” For more details, review https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/install-different-office-visio-and-project-versions-on-the-same-computer?toc=/deployoffice/office2019/toc.json

The difference between Office 356 and Office 2019 Pro:

• Office365 is more powerful and includes all the features of Office2019, so Office365 is recommended. In terms of updates, Office365 has feature updates, while Office2019 has no feature updates, only quality and security updates.
    • Office365 has 3 different update channels, namely Monthly Channel, Semi-Annual Channel, Semi-Annual Channel (Targeted). For Office 2019, the Volume License version of Office Professional Plus 2019 can only use the Perpetual VL2019 update channel, and "Perpetual VL2019" is the only update channel supported by Office Professional Plus 2019 and Office Standard 2019.
    • Office 365 is a subscription service. Office 2019 is sold as a one-time purchase. For more details, review: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/what-s-the-difference-between-office-365-and-office-2019-ed447ebf-6060-46f9-9e90-a239bd27eb96

If you need more help about this problem, please let me know and I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 9:29 AM
  • Hi, 

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, April 8, 2019 9:24 AM