none
Cannot crawling - Object not found RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have had this crawling issue for a month. My crawling content is http://spsite. After a full crawling, no item was indexed and got a top level error of “Object not found” in the log.  If I change the crawling content to the server ip http://10.0.4.123, then couple thousand items were indexed. However, I cannot search content on the SharePoint site. If I open the browser on the server, I cannot open http://spsite or http://localhost.  But I can open the site via the ip address http://10.0.4.123. I also can access the http://spsite from a remote pc. So I think the server seems has problem to access its root site collection other than using its IP. I have make sure a registry entry disableloopbackcheck= 1 has been added and the crawling account have full access to the site collection and the backend sql database. I also reset the index. 

    I have done lot research and tried lot different suggestions without any luck. I really appreciate if someone can help me out.

    Tuesday, December 2, 2014 3:05 PM

Answers

  • I just solved my issue 30 minutes after my post. My solution is to modify the host file:

    add the following line

    10.0.4.123 spsite

    • Marked as answer by eg10013 Tuesday, December 2, 2014 3:48 PM
    Tuesday, December 2, 2014 3:48 PM

All replies

  • I just solved my issue 30 minutes after my post. My solution is to modify the host file:

    add the following line

    10.0.4.123 spsite

    • Marked as answer by eg10013 Tuesday, December 2, 2014 3:48 PM
    Tuesday, December 2, 2014 3:48 PM
  • Hi,

    Thank you for your sharing! It will be beneficial to others in this forum who meet the same issue in the future.

    Best Regards,

    Wendy


    Wendy Li
    TechNet Community Support

    Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:32 AM
    Moderator