none
Modified Date SharePoint Sites/Document Libraries/List change RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i am a SharePoint adminstrator and we had an issue with the Last Modified Date of SharePoint Sites/Lists.

Its not about the document last modified date, but on a higher level. All the content still has the correct modified date.

Our technical support says that there where no system changes made on the SharePoint Server.

The Last Modified Date is give a time back that was in the weekend. It happend this weekend so SharePoint 2010 says
    : Last Modified   3 days ago. This is visible  for all Site collections.

If we go to Site settings : All Site Content   we see for all the libraries/list/(sub)sites etc   Last modified : 3 dags ago

So the questions are:

- What triggerd this change?  
    - Is it possible to find out in SharePoint Central Admin to find out what was the couse of this change?
    - And what are the possibilities to set the Last Modified date back to the correct one.

Thank you for all your help.

Regards

Big1976

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 8:28 AM

All replies

• Last Modified date cannot be change one any change is done it will be that date.

Abhijeet S. Thorat

If my post solves your problem could you mark the post as Answered or Vote As Helpful if my post has been helpful for you.

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 9:02 AM
  • Hi 

Never update the last modified data.

You can try to check if somebody updated the list and library, check if there is some job which is running on the server on weekends. Also find, if anyone has updated that particular list or library on the weekend.

Also you can check on Upgrade and Migration in CA and select Check upgrade status if they have updated sharepoint it will show you the last date if any security or some patch is been applied on the server.

Wednesday, October 4, 2017 9:23 AM
  • What do you mean?
    Wednesday, October 4, 2017 1:44 PM
  • Thank you for the answer. There are some analyzing jobs on the server every weekend and they updated the Farm. Could this be the issue? Technical Support says it is not possible.
    Wednesday, October 4, 2017 1:45 PM
  • Can you post the analyzing job name and to drill down futher
    Wednesday, October 4, 2017 1:46 PM
  • Storage Trend job
    Health Analyzer
    Report Center Analyze

Thursday, October 5, 2017 10:58 AM
  • These jobs will not update any data on sharepoint site.
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 11:24 AM
  • Thank you, and what update the update of the SharePoint Farm?
    Thursday, October 5, 2017 12:07 PM
  • If you've got access to the servers and can run PowerShell think about running the Get-Hotfix command sorting by date installed.  You can then export this excel (via csv format) and see if any patches were installed over the weekend.  I suspect you MAY have automated updates on the server turned on, with this downloading a relevant patch.

I haven't worked with SharePoint on-prem for a few years now but there use to be a page in the admin panel that let you check the patch status, which included when anything was installed or configured.

Steven Andrews
    SharePoint Business Analyst: LiveNation Entertainment
    Blog: baron72.wordpress.com
    Twitter: Follow @backpackerd00d
    My Wiki Articles: CodePlex Corner Series
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves (or helps) your problem.

Thursday, October 5, 2017 1:27 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi Big1976,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, October 6, 2017 9:17 AM
  • Thank you for your anwer

I don't have the acces to the server, but i know for sure that there was an update on the Farm in the weekend of the Modified Date change. 

Technical support has updated the Farm, but thay said it could not cause the change.

So my question now is can the Farm update cause this change in Modified date on the site/lists. (not on the content) 

Friday, October 6, 2017 11:52 AM
  • Hi Big1976,

How did the Technical support update the farm? Did they install the CU for SharePoint 2010 farm?

In SharePoint 2010, the Farm update will not change the Modified date on the site or lists.

The modified date will be changed when someone modifies the site or the lists.

You could check if the modified date of the list items in the lists has been changed.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, October 16, 2017 2:24 AM
  • Thank you for your anwer

I don't have the acces to the server, but i know for sure that there was an update on the Farm in the weekend of the Modified Date change. 

Technical support has updated the Farm, but thay said it could not cause the change.

So my question now is can the Farm update cause this change in Modified date on the site/lists. (not on the content) 

Hello Big1976

What's the current build number of your farm

Gabriel Edo. Sibaja | Comunidad SharePoint Costa Rica | Twitter: @Gabs_Sibaja | Blog: http://gabsibaja.blogspot.com | Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.

Monday, October 16, 2017 4:57 AM

• Hi Big1976,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Friday, October 20, 2017 1:15 AM