none
Defragging my desktop RRS feed

• Question

• When I had windows xp I was able to see files being defraged and now with windows vista I'm not able to see this and if I'm supposed to be able to I would like to know how I'm able to do it on my own or set this up where I can view my computer actually being defraged! Please help me with this situation?

Saturday, March 19, 2016 4:05 PM

All replies

• When I had windows xp I was able to see files being defraged and now with windows vista I'm not able to see this and if I'm supposed to be able to I would like to know how I'm able to do it on my own or set this up where I can view my computer actually being defraged! Please help me with this situation?

By running a defragmentation (not on an SSD) from a Command Prompt, you can select a specific drive and see more (verbose) information.

The command needs to be run from an elevated Command Prompt, i.e. Click the Windows Orb (Start) > All Programs > Accessories and right-click Command Prompt, then ‘Run as Administrator’. Type defrag c: -v -w (note the three spaces) and press Enter. In the example c: represents the C drive.

Ninety-nine per cent of politicians give the rest a bad name!

Sunday, March 20, 2016 9:11 AM