none
Office 2010 Setup

Question

• Running Office 2010 Home & Student Setup, I get the following alert.  I am running Windows 7 x86

Setup is unable to proceed due to the following error(s):

To install and use this product, you must be running one of the following

Operating systems:

X86 platform

Windows 7

Windows Vista SP1

Windows XP SP3

Windows Server 2003 SP2

X64 platform

Windows 7

Windows Vista SP1

Windows Server 2008

Correct the issue(s) listed above and re-run setup.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 10:08 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Thank you for contacting Office 2010 Setup and Deployment Services. 

From your description, I understand that you are unable to install Office 2010 Home & Student on the Windows 7 x86 based system, and encountered the following error message:

To install and use this product, you must be running one of the following Operating systems: …

If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

Based on my research, this issue may occur when Setup.exe, the executable for the installation process was running in compatibility mode for some reason. To solve this issue, we can try the steps below:

============

1.       Right click on the setup.exe file.

2.       Click on Properties.

3.       Click on the Compatibility tab.

4.       uncheck the option for Run this program in compatibility mode

5.       Click Apply, and then click OK.

6.       Double click on the program to install again.

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, July 01, 2010 8:28 AM
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:26 AM

All replies

• Office 2010 is found to be compatible with Windows 7, Windows Vista SP1, and Windows XP SP3 on both 32-bit Office 2010 and 64-bit Office 2010, except for Windows Server 2003 R2 with MSXML 6.0, which is only compatible with 32-bit Office 2010.
    for more information and help click here for office 2010.

Hope it helps you!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 10:59 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for contacting Office 2010 Setup and Deployment Services. 

From your description, I understand that you are unable to install Office 2010 Home & Student on the Windows 7 x86 based system, and encountered the following error message:

To install and use this product, you must be running one of the following Operating systems: …

If there is any misunderstanding, please feel free to let me know.

Based on my research, this issue may occur when Setup.exe, the executable for the installation process was running in compatibility mode for some reason. To solve this issue, we can try the steps below:

============

1.       Right click on the setup.exe file.

2.       Click on Properties.

3.       Click on the Compatibility tab.

4.       uncheck the option for Run this program in compatibility mode

5.       Click Apply, and then click OK.

6.       Double click on the program to install again.

Please take your time to try the suggestions and let me know the results at your earliest convenience. If anything is unclear or if there is anything I can do for you, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

• Marked as answer by Sally Tang Thursday, July 01, 2010 8:28 AM
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 6:26 AM
  • To Sally Tang:

System not running in compatability mode.  Still have the same problem

Thank, Ron

• Merged by David Wolters Thursday, July 08, 2010 2:19 AM Posted response in different thread
    Thursday, July 01, 2010 2:16 PM
  • And what if setup.exe is not in compatibility mode?  Then what?  I get this message and the setup.exe file is not in compatibility mode.
    Tuesday, July 06, 2010 5:08 AM
  • I have the same issue as Corndog1997 and I tried the compatibility mode, but it was unchecked. What can I do, to itall office 2010? Thank you
    Wednesday, July 07, 2010 5:56 AM
  • download SP1 for vista if you are using vista then try to install it will work i hope.
    Sunday, February 06, 2011 4:38 PM
  • When installing Microsoft Office 2010, the setup installation wizard will prompt you to ‘upgrade’ to uninstall and replace or overwrite Microsoft Office 2007, or any previous versions of Microsoft Office suite or applications installed on your PC.

http://office-2010.iyogi.com/help-support/install-office-2010/office-2010-setup.html

Friday, January 17, 2014 10:14 AM
  •  

In order to install Microsoft Office 2010 along with Microsoft Office 2007 side by side, you need to install Microsoft Office 2010 in a different directory or folder, so that the existing Microsoft Office 2007 program files don’t get overwritten. Use the following instructions to install Microsoft Office 2010 with Microsoft Office 2007 so that both the productivity suites can be run simultaneously without generating any conflict error.

STEP 1: Run Microsoft Office 2010 installation wizard. Select Customize when asked to choose the preferred type of Microsoft Office 2010 installation of either “Upgrade” or “Customize”.

STEP 2 : Click Browse and locate different installation directory path for Microsoft Office 2010 which is not the same with existing Microsoft Office installation path. For example, C:Program FilesMicrosoft Office 2010.

STEP 3 : The setup will install Microsoft Office 2010 files and will not affect Microsoft Office 2007 and any other previous versions of Microsoft Office suites.

Hope this will help ... To get more important  Tips follow this link : http://office-2010.iyogi.com/help-support/install-office-2010/office-2010-setup.html

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 7:23 AM