none
Outlook 2013 error 0x8004011c RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed a new computer running Windows 10 Pro and Office 2013.  I am trying to configure Outlook 2013 and every time I try to complete the set up I get an error message: Unknown error 0x8004011c.  We do not use an Exchange Server. I configure Outlook to use our IMAP server.  All of our computers are on a domain. 

I have found very little information on this and what I have found says the domain is the issue.  I hate to rely on the work around of configuring Outlook on a local profile then somehow sharing that with the domain account.  

If anyone knows if Microsoft has a fix I would appreciate the info.

-Rita

Thursday, November 5, 2015 6:08 PM

Answers

• I have found very little information on this and what I have found says the domain is the issue.  I hate to rely on the work around of configuring Outlook on a local profile then somehow sharing that with the domain account.  

Have you tried configuring Outlook on a local profile? I understand that you don't like the workaround, but please try testing with a local profile to help us narrow down the root cause.

In addition, have you tried testing this in a new Outlook profile? To create a new Outlook profile, please go to Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles > Add...

Please also have a look at the following KB article and make sure you have followed the correct settings when configure you email account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2758902

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Friday, November 6, 2015 8:35 AM