none
Event id 4010, Exchange 2016 Messaging Policies RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, we are using Exchange 2016 and started getting this error:

Already checked permissions, Network Service has this set on Data\Diagnostics folder:

As for the files which give 0x000000005 error - I don't see their ACL due to lack of permissions (can only change owner), every file has guid-like name (something like "326ace4f-20f3-cb47-b35d-21e3888d0de").

I would be grateful for any help.

Thursday, December 5, 2019 3:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Dmitry Zakoryuchkin,
    Here are some suggestions for you:
    1.Tick full control permission for the folder and try again.
    2.Check if any rules with exception taking effect on the message, disable it and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 6, 2019 10:51 AM
  • Hi Eric, thanks for the answer!

1. Full Control doesn't help, I think the problem is with this files (I suppose they are dynamically created by local system and for some reason nobody gets access to them). Do you have any insight into what are these files? I could not replicate the issue in test environment, and haven't seen any files in this directory on other, less loaded exchange environments.

2. Indeed there is a specific rule, mentioned in all this errors as far as I see now, but I double checked the rule config and the rule itself looks all right (the rule seek for specific words in message body and header e.g. and rejects the message with NDR).

Friday, December 6, 2019 1:56 PM
  • Hi Dmitru Zakoryuchkin,
    I think the files belong to Microsoft filtering management service. Your issue may not result from the files, it should be fixed by removing the dependency on the Microsoft Filtering Management Service. Take a look at this article and take the steps in it: https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/exchangechallengeaccepted/2016/02/18/microsoft-filtering-management-service-wont-start-on-exchange-2013/
    If still can’t resolve your problem, go to event viewer- application, check if any errors suspicious existed.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 7:51 AM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Monday, December 16, 2019 9:27 AM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Thursday, December 19, 2019 7:28 AM
  • Hi, the problem, still here, think we'll open a ticket on this case in support.
    Monday, December 30, 2019 10:20 AM
  • Hi,

Has the issue been resolved?

It will be appreciate for you share the solution with us and mark it as answer. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Monday, January 6, 2020 7:01 AM