When do you get this error message? Is it when you open Word or documents (.doc and .docx)?
Does this issue occur only with Word or even with other Office applications?
Ensure the application is not running in the compatibility mode.
- Locate to Office installation path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14 (Default)
- Point to WINWORD.EXE, then right-click on it and select "Properties".
- Select the "Compatibility" tab then uncheck the "Run this program in Compatible mode for" option.
- Click on Apply and then select OK.
- Open Word to check if it opens fine.
TechNet Community Support
I am having the same issue as Amirul98. I have tried running both Excel and Word with and without the compatibility tool checked. However, I wonder if my problem is partially due to the fact that I am trying to run these programs from my Windows.old folder. Do I need to reinstall Office to solve this problem?