none
Use GPO to prevent people from granting permissions to their Outlook folders

Question

• Greetings all and thanks in advance,

Exchange 2007 / Clients on Win 7 with 32-bit Office 2010

We would like to prevent people from giving permissions to their inbox/sent folders to allow others to view, via GPO.  I've seen this thread:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/exchangesvradmin/thread/D2DE6515-11E7-4FC3-B91D-87308622A411, but it did not apply to my version.

Thanks for any assistance,

Willis

Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:24 PM

All replies

• Does it work if you create a new registry key DisableEditPermissions in the following regestry location and set the value to 1?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\Folders

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\Folders

Thanks.

Tony Chen
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 17, 2013 7:24 AM
  • Hi Tony,

Thanks for the post.

For the first reg entry @ HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft   There was no entry for Office or below.  So I did not make any changes here.

For the second path, (it should be 14.0 for 2010  correct) there was not a "Folder" key under Options.  I created that key and a new 32-bit DWord value as you described.

So making that one change does prevent me from being able to modify permissions on the Outlook folders.  **This includes Contact and Calendars.  The Add, Remove buttons are greyed out.  Any previously assigned permissions remain.

So, this is somewhat good news.  Now the challenge.  Is it possible to just specify the Inbox, while leaving the ability to modify Calendar and Contact's permissions?

Thanks,

Willis

Friday, May 17, 2013 7:58 PM