none
Hyperlinks and bookmarks RRS feed

• Question

• I have two documents in a SharePoint document library and am trying to use a hyperlink to jump from one document (doc A) to a bookmark in another document (doc B). If I click on the bookmark in doc A with doc B closed, it opens doc A but does not go to the book mark, but if I click on the hyperlink in doc A when doc B is open it works.

I am also getting two boxes opening when I click my hyperlink in doc A with doc B closed which I do not want

box A - Microsoft Office

opening <path and filename>

Some files can contain viruses or otherwise be harmful to your computer

etc..  with an ok and cancel button

Box B - Internet Explorer

gives options of open, save, save as

how can I eliminate the above mentioned boxes?

Thank you

I just tried the same experiment on a local drive and it is working, could SharePoint be doing something?  
    • Edited by Chucky99 Friday, July 10, 2015 2:18 PM
    • Moved by George123345 Monday, July 13, 2015 1:35 AM
    Friday, July 10, 2015 2:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Your issue is more related to SharePoint, I'll move it to SP forum:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/home?forum=sharepointgeneral

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thanks for your understanding.

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Monday, July 13, 2015 1:34 AM