none
Sharepoint 365. Online Public Surveys RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've been looking through the forums and other sites but can't seem to find the solution to my issue. I have created a survey but I don't know how to make it public. Many places say you can go to Site Actions > Site Settings > Users and Permissions:
    Advanced permissions > Settings > Anonymous Access. But I'm not seeing any sort of advanced permissions but that option isn't there. It also says to try Site Actions > Site Settings > Site Administration: Site libraries and lists. Then click on the name of your survey. But again site administration isn't there.

Can anyone help me to create a public facing survey or point me in the direction of where I can get notes on how to create one or even enable anonymous access within sharepoint 365 online.

Kind Regards

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:29 AM

Answers

• Depends on what kind of site you created under Office 365. 

Office 365 only allows anonymous access when creating a "Public Facing Site" template

Any other teamplates, like "Team Sites" do no support it.

See post below:

Hi Kate,

As stated by Matt and Pablo above, SharePoint Online does not allow you to use Team Sites with public access.  In order the make the files anonymous, they must be contained within the Documents folder of the public facing website.  The public facing directories do not include the SharePoint functionality such as creating lists and document libraries.  I apologize if this is what you are looking for.

Justin Ronan
    Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

--End Quote--

Benjamin Niaulin Blog: http://bniaulin.wordpress.com

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:44 AM
  • In the survey settings, click Permissions for this survey. It will show you what permissions are setup. If anonymous access is setup, it will be listed at the top. If not, then click Stop inheriting permissions and adjust your permissions as needed.

Online resource is here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-online-enterprise-help/create-a-survey-HA010378259.aspx

-victor

Be a part of the community, please remember to indicate if your question/comment has been answered or is helpful.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:27 PM

All replies

• In the survey settings, click Permissions for this survey. It will show you what permissions are setup. If anonymous access is setup, it will be listed at the top. If not, then click Stop inheriting permissions and adjust your permissions as needed.

Online resource is here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint-online-enterprise-help/create-a-survey-HA010378259.aspx

-victor

Be a part of the community, please remember to indicate if your question/comment has been answered or is helpful.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 9:27 PM
  • Depends on what kind of site you created under Office 365. 

Office 365 only allows anonymous access when creating a "Public Facing Site" template

Any other teamplates, like "Team Sites" do no support it.

See post below:

Hi Kate,

As stated by Matt and Pablo above, SharePoint Online does not allow you to use Team Sites with public access.  In order the make the files anonymous, they must be contained within the Documents folder of the public facing website.  The public facing directories do not include the SharePoint functionality such as creating lists and document libraries.  I apologize if this is what you are looking for.

Justin Ronan
    Microsoft Office 365 SharePoint Support

--End Quote--

Benjamin Niaulin Blog: http://bniaulin.wordpress.com

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:44 AM
  • No matter where you create the survey or what the permissions say, it won't be anonymously accessible. MSFT doesn't allow ANY anonymous access to Sharepoint content.

You can either embed a 3rd party option, or try the [ugly] Excel web app survey.  Or look in the app store and see if there's something there.

• Proposed as answer by webbrewer Monday, July 1, 2013 1:40 AM
    Monday, July 1, 2013 1:40 AM