none
User Profile Service is not browsable in Service Applications RRS feed

• Question

• I have have the service started as well as the syncronization service started but when I click on the link to configure I get an error message. The IIS services have been restarted as well as the srver being rebooted many times. Any ideas.

Screen shot of symptoms:

Friday, February 17, 2012 1:46 AM

Answers

• Hi Orthank,

I suggest you try to re-create the User Profile service on the farm. Here are the steps:

1. Deleted the old UPA that was corrupted.
    2. Stopped the user profile sync service
    3. Cleared the config cache
    4. IISReset
    5. Granted logon locally to the farm admin account and granted logon as service account to the service account running the UPA service. Gpupdate after the changes
    6. Created UPA and IIS Reset
    7. Enabled the bios flag using powershell
    8. Started sync service
    9. Created AD sync connection
    10. Started the profile sync

Wayne Fan

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:46 AM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:53 AM

All replies

• You can provide us more information by looking up the correlation id in the ULS logs.

- Sid

Friday, February 17, 2012 3:06 AM
  • This is what I found in the logs:

02/21/2012 08:14:36.02  w3wp.exe (0x0C38)                        0x15B8 SharePoint Portal Server       User Profiles                  et8j High     UserProfileServiceImportStatisticsWebPart:LoadControl failed, Exception: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Boolean Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileImportJob.get_IsSynchronizationRunning()'.     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.WebControls.UserProfileServiceImportStatisticsWebPart._LoadStatusAndSettings()     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.WebControls.UserProfileServiceStatisticsWebPartBase.LoadControl(Object sender, EventArgs e) af832625-87c2-495c-a4fe-8d741db9071d

Monday, February 20, 2012 11:17 PM
  • Hi Orthank,

I suggest you try to re-create the User Profile service on the farm. Here are the steps:

1. Deleted the old UPA that was corrupted.
    2. Stopped the user profile sync service
    3. Cleared the config cache
    4. IISReset
    5. Granted logon locally to the farm admin account and granted logon as service account to the service account running the UPA service. Gpupdate after the changes
    6. Created UPA and IIS Reset
    7. Enabled the bios flag using powershell
    8. Started sync service
    9. Created AD sync connection
    10. Started the profile sync

Wayne Fan

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Wayne Fan Thursday, February 23, 2012 11:46 AM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 3:53 AM
  • I am having the same problem.. followed above steps but did not fix..

Uls error message :

UserProfileServiceImportStatisticsWebPart:LoadControl failed

Please help me out ( SP2010 RTM SP1 + August 2012)

Thanks, Ram Ch

Monday, October 29, 2012 11:45 AM
  • Please help me ..this is the error message from uls logs

Area     : SharePoint Portal Server
    Category : User Profiles
    Level    : High
    EventID  : et8j
    Message  : UserProfileServiceAudienceStatisticsWebPart:LoadControl failed, Exce
               ption: System.IO.FileLoadException: The located assembly's manifest
               definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HR
               ESULT: 0x80131040)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserP
               rofileConfigManager.InitializeIlmClient(String ILMMachineName, Int32
                FIMWebClientTimeOut)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.Us
               erProfileConfigManager..ctor(UserProfileApplicationProxy userProfile
               ApplicationProxy, Guid partitionID)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Port
               al.WebControls.UserProfileServiceStatisticsWebPartBase.LoadControl(O
               bject sender, EventArgs e)

Area     : SharePoint Portal Server
    Category : User Profiles
    Level    : High
    EventID  : et8j
    Message  : UserProfileServiceImportStatisticsWebPart:LoadControl failed, Except
               ion: System.IO.FileLoadException: The located assembly's manifest de
               finition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRES
               ULT: 0x80131040)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserPro
               fileConfigManager.InitializeIlmClient(String ILMMachineName, Int32 F
               IMWebClientTimeOut)     at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.User
               ProfileConfigManager..ctor(UserProfileApplicationProxy userProfileAp
               plicationProxy, Guid partitionID)     at Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal
               .WebControls.UserProfileServiceStatisticsWebPartBase.LoadControl(Obj
               ect sender, EventArgs e)

Thanks, Ram Ch

Monday, October 29, 2012 11:58 AM
  • Sharepoint is running in the older version ( x.x.x.1000) .. If you installed the service pack (x.x.x.5000) , it should work as expected.
    Monday, October 29, 2012 12:51 PM
  • We have installed SP 2010 RTM SP1+ August 2012 CU , We are at following.  almost tried all the mentioend steps in google..but no luck...

​August 2012 CU

​SharePoint Server 2010

Thanks, Ram Ch

Monday, October 29, 2012 1:39 PM