none
Online - On premise migration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Please help me the best suggestions in migrating the sites from SharePoint online to On-premise.

As I don't have experience on this migration, Please suugest me the pros & cons for the same, So that I can check with my client!

Let me know if you need any information!

Regards,
    Kumar
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 2:40 PM

All replies

• The best and secure way for migration between Online - Onprem...i would use the 3rd party tools.

• Sharegate
    • Content matrix from metalogix.

both offer free trail so you can test it.

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -Waqas Sarwar(MVP) Blog: http://krossfarm.com

• Proposed as answer by MeRagZ Tuesday, August 29, 2017 3:51 PM
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 3:04 PM
  • Hi Sarwar,

Thanks a lot for your quick response. Can you please help me in analyzing the site/content etc., before migration. Please suggest me with challenges/difficulties before migration!

Regards,

Kumar

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 3:08 PM
  • i think, you need to run a test migration using one of the tool then test the site.Make sure everything works as expected.

• Workflows are in place and properly excuting
    • Documents are properly moved along with versions
    • permissions are in-place 
    • customization working if any.

Please remember to mark your question as answered &Vote helpful,if this solves/helps your problem. ****************************************************************************************** Thanks -Waqas Sarwar(MVP) Blog: http://krossfarm.com

Tuesday, August 29, 2017 5:18 PM
  • Challenges during Migration:

• No down time for the source environment?
    • No data Metadata for Permission Lost?
    • Time Matters?
    • What Should I migrate Over?
    • How to restructure the contents?
    • How to make user adoption faster and embrace the new platform?
    • What about on-supported elements?

You can register and apply the trial Discover tool to generate the detailed report to analysis SharePoint Online environment.

https://www.avepoint.com/products/sharepoint-infrastructure-management/sharepoint-discovery-analysis/

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 2:35 AM
  • Hi,

If we use the tool (Metalogix), Is there any pre-migration check available? Also, Please clarify me for On-premise to On-premise & On-premise - online & online - On-premise migrations different versions of Metlogix available or will migrate with different options using one version in the Metalogix!

Regards,

Kumar

Wednesday, August 30, 2017 7:08 AM
  • Hi,

Can you please let me know whether it will migrate Infopath forms with the migration?

Regards,

Kumar

Friday, September 1, 2017 12:54 PM