none
Open in file explorer not working : Only Sync button appears RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using IE11 32 bits, and added the site to "Intranet Zone" of IE Security but still have the sync button appearing when trying to open a library to file explorer.

It's working when i tried to do it from another SharePoint 2016 farm so it seems like i missed something.

Any suggestions ?

Best regards 

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 11:24 AM

All replies

• I had the same problem before. It is because you are using a 32 bits computer, try using 64 bit.

You should also be able to drag the files to your library, give it a shot. 

Thanks, 

Nadine Dimetry 

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 7:54 PM
  • Thanks for ur answer. It worked when i tried with another farm, so i think that there is another reason :/ 

Best regards

Tuesday, September 12, 2017 9:44 PM
  • Hi Badr Bennani,

Please ensure that the WebClient service is Started on the client computer.

Type services.msc into the Start Menu/Run window and check the WebClient service status. If the service is started, restart it then check the issue.

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 8:18 AM
  • Hi Linda Zhang,

Thanks for your advice, i've checked if it's started but as i said, it's working for another farm so it's really weird.

Best regards

Wednesday, September 13, 2017 9:18 AM
  • Hi Badr Bennani,

Is there any update?

Please also check if there are any customizations, such as the custom code in the page, would affect it.

Best regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:11 AM
  • Hi Badr.

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem. I have a SharePoint 2016 server, the site is added to my trusted sites in IE, I'm running IE 11, my webclient service is definitely running, and this happens on all computers in our environment (Windows 10). And just as you stated, I'm able to open in Explorer from a different SharePoint 2016 farm but from this particular one I'm not able to. I get the "We're having trouble opening this library in File Explorer".

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Friday, March 30, 2018 6:48 PM