none
How do you create new Stationary in Outlook 2010

Question

• There is no file picker in the Themes dialog under options.  You can't copy an HTML file into the C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Stationery directory even as administrator.  Is there some theme creator utility?
    Sunday, June 27, 2010 6:28 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Mike,

If you want to find stationery collections and tools to exploit the HTML stationery feature of Outlook, you can go to this link:http://www.slipstick.com/addins/stationery.asp

Also I find this article about how to create custom Outlook stationery by some HTML and CSS.

http://corriehaffly.wordpress.com/2007/07/12/creating-custom-outlook-stationery/

Hope it will be helpful.

Monday, June 28, 2010 6:37 AM
  • Mike,

It seems as if there's no answer for this.  With 447 views I suppose several people would like to know how to CREATE new personal stationery and not simply use ones that are canned.  This is really important for my business endeavors.  I'd like to know how to accomplish this task.

Can anyone help Mike and I?  The help menu within Outlook 2010 gives instructions for Outlook 2007, and the menu structure is not the same.  We see where we can use canned themes and stationery, but to create your own is still a mystery.  Why is that?

HELP PLEASE!!!

Saturday, July 17, 2010 3:04 PM
  • Hi,

Most stationery is just a HTML file.  You can use any HTML editor to create the file.  If you create the HTML file and place it in this folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Stationery\ (W7).   You can have any image files in the same folder and set the source to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Stationery\imagefilename.  Once the HTML file is there then it should appear as an option to choose as a theme/stationery for new messages. This worked for me at least.

Friday, July 23, 2010 6:00 AM
  • Hi Mike,

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery" location needs to be added as a trusted location first.

Follow these steps:

1. Open Microsoft Office

2. Go to File Menu --> Options --> Trust Center --> Trust Center Settings

3. In the left panel click "Trusted Locations"

4. Click "Add New Location" on the right panel.

Browse and add the location.

Create the HTML file and store it in "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery"

Now you will find this file in the Themes as stationary.

Enjoy guys !!!

• Proposed as answer by RN4nuts Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:34 AM
    Friday, August 06, 2010 8:28 AM
  • Followed your instructions.  However, in Trust Center Settings, in the left margin where the options are located, there is NO "Add New Location " option listed.

Now what??

Thursday, December 09, 2010 10:09 AM
  • Step one is to Open any application in Office 2010 other than Outlook. Word/Excel/Powerpoint.

Then you will see the options stated in the following steps.

Hope this helps.

Have a wonderful Day!

Monday, December 13, 2010 6:48 PM
  • I actually found a way to trick Outlook 2010 (may also work in 2007, but I've not checked) into using a custom-designed HTML stationery template for New Messages as well as Replies and Forwards.

Check out the blog post I wrote on how to do it:
    http://cfxcreative.com/blog/2011/01/tricking-outlook-2010-into-using-custom-html-template-for-new-messages-replies-forwards/

Hope this helps all those out there that were pulling their hair out like I was to get Outlook 2010 to do something that Outlook Express could do in 1998! ;-)

Carly H. Franklin
    Principal
    CFX Creative

Wednesday, January 19, 2011 7:39 PM
  • OMG!!  i have just been searching for 30 minutes thru help files to figure out how to import existing stationary design into Outlook (should be easy in 2012 right?)  This is the perfect example of MS BS.....Please take a look at these "help" emails above outlining how one might go about doing this...are you kidding????  I should be able to copy and paste my "paper" email format in html, jpeg, tiff, pdf or whatever into outlook to use as email stationary as long as i am not using plain text format.  Is it really possible that it has to be this complicated?  Aren't there millions of users who would want to do this? Someone please tell me that i am truly ignorant and this is sooooo easy that it is laughable that i have not figured it out.  p.s.  i am not "techie" just reasonable smart so i won't be offended if you tell me i am an idiot. 
    Thursday, May 03, 2012 12:36 AM
  • Tried this but got stuck in the "Trusted Locations" because I don't see a "Add New Location" anywhere! Help!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:31 AM