how to hide internal server info in outgoing message header

Question

• Hi,

I used transport rule with action 'remove header' in hub transport server with text 'received'. But my messages to external domain still contains my server internal details. I have also tried this rule in edge server. I hav tried with text;(my exchange server name) also but no fruitful result. Can any1 tell me the exact steps to do the activity?

Is there a way to mask the server's internal details.

I require a urgent help on this.

Thanks

Tarun

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 11:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Tarun,

Run below command on edge server, if SMTP send session does not have this permission then it will remove all “Received:” headers.

Code Snippet
    Get-SendConnector "Connector Name" | Remove-ADPermission -AccessRight ExtendedRight -ExtendedRights "ms-Exch-Send-Headers-Routing" -user "NT AUTHORITY\Anonymous Logon"

References:

Understanding Header Firewall

Send Connectors

Hope this helps!!!

Regards,
    Amit

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 4:08 PM
  • Hi,

I understand that you would like to hide the internal server information in outgoing message hearer.

Actually, we can also try the ADSI Edit to resolve this issue.

Regarding the ADSI Edit, please view the resource as below:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb124152(EXCHG.65).aspx

Go to ADSI Edit and on CN=Configuration->CN=Services->CN=Microsoft Exchange->CN=First Organization->CN=Administrative Groups->CN=Exchange Administrative Group->CN=Routing Groups->CN=Exchange routing Group->CN=Connections->CN=Send Connector to Internet

Right click the connector, select the properties, in the Security tab, set to Deny the Send Routing Headers for ANONYMOUS LOGIN

Then restart the Microsoft Transport service on the Hub server and Edge server.

Thanks

Allen

Friday, May 23, 2008 8:10 AM
  • Hi Amit,

Hi have tested the command in my test lab before using it outside. But this impacted adversely - now all my outgoing mails r getting bounced. I tried by deleting existing send connector and created a new connector but no friutful result. I also tried the same cmdlet with 'Add' permission but its not accepting the same. Pls. suggest the way out.

Thansk

Tarun

Monday, May 26, 2008 12:01 PM
  • This would help you...

How To: Remove Header from Outgoing Mails in Exchange 2007

Did you restart the Exchange Transport services on all exchange Servers?

What is the NDR you getting?

Monday, May 26, 2008 1:05 PM