none
Workflow Job Stuck with "Pausing" Status RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am using Nintex Workflow 2013. I am facing an issue that after "change state" in the state machine workflow, a new task is not assigned to the user. After investigating I found that in the central administration "Workflow" jobs are stuck in "Pausing" state in all my 3 servers. 

I found this resolution http://www.sharepointsiren.com/2013/05/sharepoint-timer-job-stuckpaused-fix.html. It worked for one day but now it happened again.

Note that the SharePoint Timer service is running on all the servers.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 10:37 AM

Answers

• Just to eliminate Nintext can you please create a simple state machine approval workflow using visual studio 2012 and see if that works? 

I just want to make sure that this is your environment configuration issue and not something else. 

If out of the box workflow works then I would recommend that you check with Nintext support first and see if they know of any existing issue similar to the one you are facing. 

Amit

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 10:53 AM

All replies

• Just to eliminate Nintext can you please create a simple state machine approval workflow using visual studio 2012 and see if that works? 

I just want to make sure that this is your environment configuration issue and not something else. 

If out of the box workflow works then I would recommend that you check with Nintext support first and see if they know of any existing issue similar to the one you are facing. 

Amit

Tuesday, December 3, 2013 10:53 AM
  • Good Day,

I am having the same issue. Not all workflows are locked up, they seem to be randomly locking up.  I created a SharePoint approval workflow and it generated the task and sent the email correctly.

Any else have any suggestions for this?

Thanks,
    Jennifer

There is nothing more difficult to take in hand, more perilous to conduct or more uncertain in its success than to take the lead in the introduction of a new order of things.

Tuesday, November 10, 2015 6:52 PM