none
Branding SharePoint - which Publishing template works best? RRS feed

• Question

• I am fairly new to Sharepoint and have been given the task of branding sharepoint. Since I have some graphic design experience then they thought I should do it.  I am wanting to create a Intranet portal page.  Which Publishing template would work the best for an Intranet?  The Publishing Collaboration Portal or the Publishing Portal? I like the Publishing Portal, but I can't create any Collaboration subsites if I decide I need one. I guess what I'm trying to ask is that most of the branding tutorials refers to the Publishing site template. But is the Publishing Collaboration Portal designed to have a heavy look and feel change with masterpages? 

Here is my issue I want a 20px space around my whole site.  I use the style margin: 0px 20px 0px which on a Publishing template it works, but on the Collaboration template the right margin does not work in IE 6 or 7.  I've tried everything to fix the problem but with no success.
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Wednesday, May 13, 2009 4:16 AM Subject amended. As it was it was a General question. It was important to include "branding" to fit this forum
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:18 PM

Answers