none
Internet Free Busy not working on local file share RRS feed

• Question

• Internet Free Busy not working on local file share

I have three Outlook users in my office that Internet Free Busy (IFB) does not work for:

1) Outlook 2013 Professional upgraded from Outlook 2010 running on Windows 7 Pro

2) Outlook 2013 Professional freshly installed in a Windows 7 Pro VM

3) Outlook 2013 Professional freshly installed on Windows 8 Pro

Two other users remain on Outlook 2010 and IFB continues to function as expected.

All users are part of a workgroup in which we set up a FreeBusy shared folder on a common network share.   Each user's Outlook is connected to a POP3 server.

The three affected users also noted that other settings (e.g. months to publish) in the IFB dialog do not persist (e.g. number of months to publish will change to some random number after closing the dialog, or will always stick at a number the user didn't ever select).

Thursday, May 9, 2013 1:20 PM

All replies

• Hi sszeller,

This is a quick note to let you know that we are performing research on this issue.

Cheers,
    Tony Chen
    Forum Support

Monday, May 13, 2013 1:26 AM
  • Has anything been found about this? 

This is impacting our business scheduling so we will be considering other alternatives if this cannot be resolved.

Friday, May 17, 2013 5:18 PM
  • Hello Scott,

At this point of time I would suggest you to open phone support case with Microsoft as we need to do extensive troubleshooting and collect various logs which is not possible via this FORUM.

You can always contact Microsoft Customer Central on 1-800-936-4900 to create phone support case. Alternative you can also visit http://support.microsoft.com/oas to create phone support case with Microsoft

Hope this helps

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:03 AM
  • I am having the same issue. We post .vfb files to a local fileshare and have no issues with Outlook 2007/2010 clients, but the 2013s are unable to post their own files. They can view other files (the same data is in publish to and search from boxes), but theirs doesn't post. The location is in the same fashion: \\server\Calendar\%NAME%.vfb in all of the cases (2007, 2010 and 2013). We use a POP3 email server, not Exchange.

It appears the issue is similar as the original poster: the free busy "months to post" resets to 71 months and doesn't save the data you input. I put in 2 months, click OK, and go back it says 71 months. I checked the registry, but had no success. I turned off the firewall on both ends, but the problem persisted. I don't think the firewall is the issue because it doesn't appear to even save the settings. Since the 71 months is an invalid amount, it won't process the free/busy request. There's no connect issue with the server since it can read the free/busy info, but not post. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Monday, August 19, 2013 7:41 PM