none
SharePoint 2010 looks MOSS 2007 - can't change list/site settings or edit any list item (document library) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, We had MOSS 2007 and extensivly used with lots of information into it in past 4 to 5 years, last year some SharePoint guys moved/Shifted/upgraded all sub-sites to SharePoint 2010. After this change no one was using site because of errors on site after this upgrade, those guys are no longer maintaining/nor available now. In short they left this company. I am now been assigned a task to fix some issues on SharePoint (2010), atleast users want to open wiki site and update HR policy etc. documents. I see the main sharePoint 2010 application UI is 100% 2010 version but when i click on wiki (a subsite) from a link it goes to sub-site on same server and there are lots of documents in different lists but the UI view is 100% 2007. That is OK, but when we try to edit any document or view site settings I am getting following error.

--------------------------- Message from webpage ---------------------------

This item is no longer available. It may have been deleted by another user. Click 'OK' to refresh the page.

--------------------------- OK ---------------------------

I see lots of lists and documents but i can't edit them. The UI looks 100% MOSS 2007 but the URL is of SharePoint 2010. I don't understand how it can be fixed. I am site admin and when i try to see site settings it gives me following error:

Error File Not Found. Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation. Correlation ID: aa13306e-a152-4295-b105-3477b54d249a Date and Time: 5/18/2011 4:40:14 PM

The problem is we have to make changes in documents or add new docs. in list we can't do. The URL for lists are

javascript:_spNavigateHierarchy(this,'','30:ListNode:d42fd283-8c4a-482b-9af9-0f668f07240b:ab7d8e86-4222-40bd-8271-d1d440708e86:2aa863a9-f6f0-4974-b4d9-6ac797fc1730','\u002fWiki\u002fWiki Pages',false,'ListNode', '')

which opens the list but when we edit its property it says: List does not exist. The page you selected contains a list that does not exist. It may have been deleted by another user. What would be the scene/cause behind this? Please help.

• Edited by Shamshad Ali Wednesday, May 18, 2011 11:59 AM formatting issue with IE9
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 11:47 AM

All replies

• The exact same thing is happening to my users. However, I didn't experience the same issue and wondered why. But, at least it gave me a workaround. Today, instead of accessing the site the way I normally do, that is http://sharepoint:[port#], I entered the full URL, that is http://sharepoint.[subdomain].[domain].com:[port#]. Note, don't ask me why the Administrator set it up with port numbers. While I was in SharePoint using that URL, I experienced the same issue as my users. However, when I went back to the original URL, there was no problem. The difficulty may involve the fact that the first URL only resolves through the local DNS server, whereas the other one resolves through all the DNS servers on the WAN. Note that I am local to the sharepoint server, whereas my users are not.

I'm very interested if there is a fix for this.

Jack

Thursday, May 19, 2011 4:20 PM