none
enable versioning settings on rich text box in form library RRS feed

• Question

• I designed a document libraryin Infopath. I have a rich text box on this form and want to enable versioning settings on this field. How I can do this?

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 6:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Ameneh.Maleki,

I am afraid that we cannot enable the version settings on one specific field in SharePoint 2010.

It is by design.

Then we can enable the version in the document library. And the items including the rich text box in the form in the InfoPath form library.

To enable the version settings, you could go to the form library->library settings->version settings->select “Create major versions” or “Create major and minor (draft) versions”->save changes.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 8:22 AM

• Hi Ameneh.Maleki,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, July 18, 2019 9:17 AM
  • Hi Sara,

Thanks for the reply.

I need versioning capability in rich text box individually. I'm sorry to hear that this is not possible in design.

Can you help me How I can simulation  and implement this functionality ?!

Saturday, July 20, 2019 3:56 AM
  • Hi Ameneh.Maleki,

The workaround for the issue, you could create a column with multiple lines of text and then select “Yes” for “Append Changes to Existing Text”.

Then it will keep the version of the multiple lines of text column in the list.

Then you could customize the form and republish the form.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Monday, July 22, 2019 10:28 AM
  • Hi Ameneh.Maleki,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 1:55 AM