none
Deleting Document from Library RRS feed

• Question

• When you delete a publishing document from a document library is the associated .aspx page that is created suppose to be deleted automatically as well.  I ask this because in our enviroment it does not. When I try to delete the .aspx page the system tells me to delete the original document first which I have already completed. Please advise on how this process is suppose to work if anyone knows, It would be much appreciated.
    Thursday, November 4, 2010 1:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Would you please provide more details about the associated .aspx page, e.g. where is the page and what is the name. 

Thanks & Regards.

Lily Wu

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com

Lily Wu
    Friday, November 5, 2010 2:53 AM
  • If you create a publishing document called xxx.doc and convert the document  from a word document to a web page, sharepoint creates an aspx page called xxx.aspx in the pages library, however if you were to go back to that same document library and delete the xxx.doc the associated .aspx page in the pages library is not deleted. I am just wonder why this is, and why if you try to delete the page xxx.aspx it sharepoint tells you that you need to delete the xxx.doc first but I have aleady deleted it.

Sharepoint 2007

Friday, November 5, 2010 12:12 PM
  • Hi,

I've tested this and I do not see this behaviour when deleting a converted page.  Check to see if you have any stuck timerjobs for document conversion in the timer job defs page or you may have some stale data in the config cache.  To clear stale data in the config cache follow steps here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939308

Also what build are you on?  I tested on a 6545 build.

Regards, Savoeurn Va Microsoft Online Community Support
    Monday, January 31, 2011 3:26 PM