none
DRMActivator Application has stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• I have BigFish games loaded on my computer.  They stopped working a few weeks ago and I began getting the above message.  I have gone into the advanced settings under my computer and clicked on advamced settomgs and then the DEP thing, but they still won't work
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP, Moderator Saturday, October 17, 2009 5:02 PM Moved to relevant category (From:Windows Vista Application Compatibility Toolkit)
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 6:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Please understand that bigfish is not a Microsoft software, we do not have much information on the program. Given the current situation, I suggest you contact game manufacturer support to resolve the issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

Monday, July 20, 2009 11:43 AM

All replies

• Have the exact same issue here. Games stopped working a few weeks ago. Have tried all the 4 diffrent DEP settings. Bcdedit /set {current} nx OptIn,AlwaysOn, AlwaysOff and the last aswell. Still not working. And I see theres alot with the same problem. Did Microsoft release any windowsupdate that caused this behavior?
    • Proposed as answer by Lori Walker Wednesday, September 9, 2009 1:49 AM
    Sunday, July 19, 2009 12:07 AM
  • Hi,

Please understand that bigfish is not a Microsoft software, we do not have much information on the program. Given the current situation, I suggest you contact game manufacturer support to resolve the issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

Monday, July 20, 2009 11:43 AM
  • Problem solved. Uninstall Vista Service Pack2 if it doesnt help to change the DEP.
    • Proposed as answer by whizzie01 Wednesday, May 12, 2010 4:34 PM
    Saturday, August 8, 2009 11:20 AM
  • I'm having the same issue with Big Fish Games.  How do you unintall Vista Service Pack2?
    • Proposed as answer by youpickone Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:07 AM
    Sunday, August 9, 2009 9:27 PM
  • I think we understand that it's not a Microsoft software issue, but in a way it is when we've updated something from Microsoft and it affects our computers.  So when we contact the game manufacturer they suggest we contact you.  Therefore it becomes a monkey in the middle game.
    • Proposed as answer by youpickone Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:07 AM
    Sunday, August 9, 2009 9:31 PM
  • Perhaps Microsoft " COULD AS A SERVICE TO CUSTOMERS" LOOK at the problem or contact the game manufacturer and bring out an up date to fix the problem
    • Proposed as answer by youpickone Thursday, April 14, 2011 4:08 AM
    Sunday, October 4, 2009 1:28 AM
  • Yes, Microsoft updates KB4056894 and KB4074598 cause Big fish error : DRMactivator application has stopped working. I discovered this by installing updates one by one until the problem arised. I had to restore my computer to a time that was before these updates were applied in order to avoid this problem. Just watch out for the windows updates that are labeled monthly rollup and you'll be ok.

Monday, March 19, 2018 9:45 PM
  • Microsoft's monthly rollup update will cause this error. I had to restore my computer to an earlier backup to get rid of it and make sure I never download Microsoft's monthly rollup update.
    Wednesday, May 16, 2018 9:47 PM