none
Sharepoint cluster RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

1)
    Is it possible to put foundation server in cluster(farm) or do I need Sharepoint standard and enterprise licence?
    2)
    Do I need 3rd party load balancers for sharepoint cluster?

Im not sharepoint admin but I need to plan budget for sharepoint cluster

• Edited by fsdg Wednesday, October 16, 2019 11:13 AM
    Wednesday, October 16, 2019 7:33 AM

Answers

• Hi fsdg.

SharePoint Foundation can be installed either in Standalone or in Complete (server farm mode), you do need to use the Standard or Enterprise edition.
    If you're using a multi-servers farm, you can use either the Windows Network Load Balancer or a third-party load balancer (the SharePoint service applications are load-balanced by means of the Application Discovery and Load Balancer Service Application, which represents the farm's topology) to equally distribute the requests from the end users to the SharePoint web servers.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 3:00 PM

All replies

• Hi fsdg.

SharePoint Foundation can be installed either in Standalone or in Complete (server farm mode), you do need to use the Standard or Enterprise edition.
    If you're using a multi-servers farm, you can use either the Windows Network Load Balancer or a third-party load balancer (the SharePoint service applications are load-balanced by means of the Application Discovery and Load Balancer Service Application, which represents the farm's topology) to equally distribute the requests from the end users to the SharePoint web servers.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Wednesday, October 16, 2019 3:00 PM
  • Hi fsdg, 

If a reply helps you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 3:08 AM