none
Can we create New Content Source for SharePoint List RRS feed

• Question

• In SharePoint 2013 search service application we have already created New Content Source where we have added all sites, but for list in search Find an Item, search is not working for new items which created few days before, for old Items still search can show the records.

I've one list which have around 25K items, so wanted to check can I create one new content source for list, please advice.

thanks

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 11:55 AM

Answers

All replies

• Have you set up an external content type? I don't fully understand the question.

Steven Andrews
    SharePoint Business Analyst: LiveNation Entertainment
    Blog: baron72.wordpress.com
    Twitter: Follow @backpackerd00d
    My Wiki Articles: CodePlex Corner Series
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered" if this solves (or helps) your problem.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 12:10 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi SP2013Devp,

Do the one round of crawling if it is sharepoint onpremise and check if there is any issues on it.

Do indexing for the list if it is online. Follow the below article to manually re-index the list in SP online

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/93cb27/manually-re-index-the-list-in-sharepoint/

Thanks, Kaviya Balasubramanian | Microsoft MVP - Office Servers and Services (Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you)

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 12:10 PM
  • Hi Steven, 

In SharePoint 2013 On promises, for search already Content Source Created in which all webapplication is there, because of that crawl is taking more time due to heavy data. 

So can I create one more content source and add my site in that so it will run separately and crawl the data fast. Because this site which user will use more frequently and search the data in list, so please advice if I can create one more content source will be good.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018 12:31 PM
  • Full crawl takes more time around 167:25:14, so can I create one new content source and add my site in that so it will crawl fast and complete it
    Tuesday, March 27, 2018 12:32 PM
  • Hi,

Yes, you can create a new content source for a specific site/list. Create a new content source with "Web Sites" content source type, then type the URL of the site/list as the start address.

How to add a content source in SharePoint Server 2013:

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj219808.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Best Regards,

Linda Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, March 28, 2018 6:54 AM