none
Unable to open the List with Access - Error "The Microsoft Office Access database engine could not find the object ‘List Name'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name and the path name correctly." RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi, When I select Open with Access option in the Ribbon for a List, Access DB is loaded with that specific list, its look up list and User Information List.

    If I select the specific list, I am getting below error message.

    After clicking Ok, got below error message.

    Please let me know why I am getting below error message.

    Thursday, March 28, 2013 9:58 AM

Answers

  • Hi,

    Found the issue.

    This issue occurs due to Resource Throttling settings.

    There was more than 8 Look up columns in my List.

    Now I have fixed the issue.

    • Marked as answer by Sriram T Friday, March 29, 2013 6:42 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Sriram T Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:55 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Sriram Tamilarasan Monday, July 15, 2019 1:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sriram T Tuesday, July 16, 2019 1:29 PM
    Friday, March 29, 2013 6:42 AM

All replies

  • 2 things you can try:

    1) Make sure the site collection and/or database is not set to Read Only - this will definitely cause issues.

    2) clear internet history/cache, repair office or reinstall office (make sure you have the sharepoint support options selected to install).

    Thursday, March 28, 2013 6:27 PM
  • Hi,

    Found the issue.

    This issue occurs due to Resource Throttling settings.

    There was more than 8 Look up columns in my List.

    Now I have fixed the issue.

    • Marked as answer by Sriram T Friday, March 29, 2013 6:42 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Sriram T Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:55 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Sriram Tamilarasan Monday, July 15, 2019 1:41 PM
    • Marked as answer by Sriram T Tuesday, July 16, 2019 1:29 PM
    Friday, March 29, 2013 6:42 AM