none
Server side rules RRS feed

• Question

• is it possible to setup some sort of a Server Side Rule to copy emails Received / Sent to a Group coordinator ?

or is its possible setup multiple Journal account

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 4:02 PM

All replies

• Yes. To both. You can use transport rules to BCC emails to a group/user for moderation or recording. You can also have as many journal accounts as you want, but alternating them requires some script work.

Adam Brown

MCSE, CISSP

Blog: AC Brown's IT World

Catapult Systems

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 7:52 PM
  • Ok - thanks

Seems to work.

I setup 2 rules to BCC 1 for Send and 1 for Receive from a test account

I know its not nice but ...

This is for monitoring rough activity and want to make sure the account being monitored has no way of knowing! ??

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 9:53 AM
  • Hi JustKaka,
    I agree with Adam. You can use transport rules or journaling to copy messages.
    For specific steps, go to EAC-mail flow-rules, click add(+), set conditions(,exceptions),actions as you need, then save. This is an example: 

If you want to enable journaling, go to EAC-servers-database, select the mailbox database and click edit, in the Maintenance, add the mailbox you want to journal and click save.
    For steps of enabling premium journaling, refer to: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/policy-and-compliance/journaling/journaling-procedures?view=exchserver-2019#procedures-for-premium-journaling
    You can also create inbox rules in OWA, go to settings-option-mail-Inbox rules, which is similar with transport rules.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 10:13 AM
  • looks OK i.e doesn't seem to record the BCC in the users mailbox

for either incoming or outgoing

Just want to make sure that it doesn't before implementing

Can you confirm this is the case ??

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 10:17 AM
  • Hi JustKaka,
    Rules may not help you record BCC messages.
    You can configure a Journaling mailbox, and BCC messages can be seen in Journal reports.
    For further information, refer to these articles:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/office/exchange-server-2010/bb331962(v=exchg.141)?redirectedfrom=MSDN

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exchange/manage-journaling-exchange-2013-help

Regards,

Eric Yin

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 10:15 AM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Friday, December 20, 2019 9:59 AM
  • Hi, I'm here to confirm with you if your issue has been resolved. If the problem is successfully solved, you can share your solution and mark them or the helpful reply as answer, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Regards,

Eric Yin

Wednesday, December 25, 2019 9:41 AM