Disable Sharepoint Integration in Word 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I need to disable the ability to save things to sharepoint in Word and Excel.  I want to keep the capability in OneNote.  The following registry will disable this in all office applications.  Is there a similar key that can be applied to only word and excel?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\Internet\UseOnlineContent

• Edited by Caleb44 Thursday, October 23, 2014 3:03 PM
    Wednesday, October 22, 2014 6:11 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There is no registry value specific for Word or Excel.

A workaround I can figure out is: Using Activate Restricted Browsing policy setting to restrict the locations available to users in the Save As dialog box, and then we need to enable the Approve Locations policy setting to specify the restricted locations. Check this:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee308297(v=office.14).aspx

Note: This article is for Office 2013, but it also applies to Office 2013.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

• Edited by Steve Fan Thursday, October 23, 2014 8:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Friday, October 31, 2014 1:14 AM
    Thursday, October 23, 2014 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hi,

There is no registry value specific for Word or Excel.

A workaround I can figure out is: Using Activate Restricted Browsing policy setting to restrict the locations available to users in the Save As dialog box, and then we need to enable the Approve Locations policy setting to specify the restricted locations. Check this:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee308297(v=office.14).aspx

Note: This article is for Office 2013, but it also applies to Office 2013.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Edited by Steve Fan Thursday, October 23, 2014 8:45 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Friday, October 31, 2014 1:14 AM
    Thursday, October 23, 2014 8:44 AM
  • thanks for the reply Steve.  It seems to me that the way you proposed doing this is also applied to office as a whole and cannot target just word and excel.  Am i correct?
    Thursday, October 23, 2014 3:08 PM
  • No, actually we can apply the group policy setting to separate component of Microsoft Office:

For detailed info about the group policy settings, please have a look at the link I attached in my first reply.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Forum Support

If you have any feedback on our support, please clickhere

Saturday, October 25, 2014 1:06 PM
  • I found few articles, see if it helps:

http://www.grayston.net/2010/sharepoint-and-office-integration-lets-remove-it/ 

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee837425(v=office.15).aspx 

Thanks,

Hirwani

Monday, October 27, 2014 2:56 PM
  • Dear Caleb,

Just wanted to say hi and check if there is anything that I can do for you on this problem.If so, please do not hesitate to let me know and I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Steve Fan

Forum Support

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 2:24 AM
  • Hi,

I'm marking the reply as answer as there has been no update for a couple of days.

If you come back to find it doesn't work for you, please reply to us and unmark the answer.

Best Regards,

Steve Fan

Forum Support

Friday, October 31, 2014 1:14 AM