Hi, I have installed office 2013 on a pc and used excel to run a query on a database and created a .qry query so I can use this data in word mail merge.
The query runs ok and returns the data.
However, when I go to take the data in through mail merge it comes up with a message "Confirm data source" ( I enabled this after reading kb article below) so I select "MS query files via DDE(*.qry, *.dqy)" as this is a .dqy I select
it. It says at the bottom of the screen word is starting query then comes up with the error "Word could not re-establish a DDE connection to Microsoft Query to complete the current task".
I have re-did the query from scratch and no difference I tried the recommend kb article 918594 and it still doesn't work.
I recreated the odbc link and still no joy.
Has anyone come across this and have they a solution I would be grateful.
Microsoft is conducting an online survey to understand your opinion of the Technet Web site. If you choose to participate, the online survey will be presented to you when you leave the Technet Web site.