none
Performance Point Service Filter Reset on button click? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

Is it possible to reset the PPS filter on button click (Common "Reset" button).

Is it possible to do by using Javascript?

I need some work around to achieve it.

Thanks & Regards

Poomani Sankaran

Friday, August 22, 2014 5:17 AM

Answers

• Hi,

According to your post, my understanding is that you want to reset Performance Point Service Filter on button click.

You can follow the article SharePoint Dashboard with Common Filters using PerformancePoint Services 2010 to create a dashboard with common filters using SharePoint PerformacePoint services 2010 and SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) Data Source.

Then you will see the filters on top of your dashboard. You can change the filters and see that both the reports are rendering the data as per your filter choice.

If you'd like to default the filter to a particular value on page load, you might want to try a JavaScript based approach:

1. Define the function 'NotifyBrowserOfAsyncUpdate(elem)', which PPS will call after any PPS render request completes (i.e., when your filter renders).
    2. Within the function, check that elem.control exists and then check that elem.control.webPartTitle equals your filter's title.
    3. If it does, search elem (the filter web part's main container DIV) for the actual filter control and change the value. If you're using a dropdown, this is pretty simple - just remember to call the 'onchange' method on the select as well so that connected PPS objects refresh.

Here is a similar thread for your reference:

http://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/61939/default-pps-filter-for-pps-dashboard-in-sharepoint-2010-not-showing

Best Regards,

Linda Li

Linda Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by JasonGuo Monday, September 1, 2014 2:31 AM
    Tuesday, August 26, 2014 4:17 AM