none
How to uninstall WSS 3.0 from Windows Server 2008 x64 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I'd like to move my farm to a new server, then i install SharePoint and follow the guide on how to move a SharePoint farm to a new server,  but it's just not working. the installation is creating new farm. Now, i want to uninstall the SharePoint and start from the scracth.

anybody know how to uninstall WSS 3.0 from w2k8? i can't find SharePoint under Add/Remove programs.

i just need to uninstall it and reinstall it from scratch.

please help.

thanks!

AddinGanteng
    Friday, November 11, 2011 8:42 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I had faced an issue earlier like this. In my case the WSS was not properly installed and it was listed in Control Panel.

I was not able to uninstall it. Then I used the following

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971179 to remove it. It removed the WSS as well as the office installation.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 8:42 AM

All replies

• See if this post helps you.

If I were you I would have reinstalled the OS to start fresh. :-)

Thank you!

BlueSky2010
    Friday, November 11, 2011 6:08 PM
  • It should be listed as Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 in Programs and Features
    Regards, Vishwas
    Saturday, November 12, 2011 12:30 AM
  • BlueSky, i really end up removing the existing SharePoint administrator website and start from the beginning (still unable to uninstall the SharePoint anyway..). The next problem is about the security for database access.

Vishwas B, no i didn't find it on Add/Remove Programs at all.

anyway, thanks for the answers. Hope there's a way to uninstall WSS 3.0 from Windows Server 2008.

AddinGanteng
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 3:03 AM
  • Hi,

I had faced an issue earlier like this. In my case the WSS was not properly installed and it was listed in Control Panel.

I was not able to uninstall it. Then I used the following

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971179 to remove it. It removed the WSS as well as the office installation.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Sunday, November 13, 2011 8:42 AM