none
Encrypted/Password Protected Zip File is being blocked in Exchange 2013 Edge RRS feed

• Question

• Encrypted/Password Protected Zip File is being removed in Exchange 2013 Edge, when we disable the attachment filtering agent the attachment is received

the password protected zip has file with extension .stmt

Regards Ajinkya Ghare MCITP-Server Administrator | MCTS

Friday, March 1, 2019 2:37 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Here are few recommendation on this:-

Check if attachment extension is in attachment filter entry:-

Get-AttachmentFilterEntry | fl

If yes, then remove that. If no then try to create below:-

1.       Go to the Edge server
    2.       Stop the Transport service.
    3.       Locate the EdgeTransport.exe.config file. This file is located in the following path: drive:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V14\Bin\
    4.       Add the following entry between the <appSettings> element and the </appSettings> element of the EdgeTransport.exe.config file:
    5.       <add key=”AllowInvalidAttachment” value=”true” />
    6.       Restart the Transport service.

Also make sure that you have a update CU installed on your edge server.

I never suggest to have a unknown or not popular attachment with Edge server as that create issue with it most of the time. You can ask users to us e a well known file type with edge server.

Thanks,

Ashish

MCITP, MCT, MCSE

“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”

Note:- Please remember to vote and mark the replies as answers if they help.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

Friday, March 1, 2019 5:40 PM
  • Just checking in to see if above information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards, 

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 9:43 AM
  • I do not wish to bypass the security feature by allowing all unknow attachments, but would like to specifically allow .stmt extension in the Exchange Edge 2013 

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 1:44 PM
  • I some still looking for a solution

Wednesday, March 6, 2019 1:44 PM
  • I do not wish to bypass the security feature by allowing all unknow attachments, but would like to specifically allow .stmt extension in the Exchange Edge 2013 

Could you see the .stmt entry when you run Get-AttachmentFilterEntry | fl ?

If yes, you could run the following command to exclude the detection of this specific file type:

Remove-AttachmentFilterEntry -Identity FileName:*.stmt

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 8, 2019 9:06 AM
  • It has been a long time since you made the last reply on this thread. If you don't mind, we'd suggest you mark the replies above as answers, so it will be easy for other community members to find the useful one/ones.

Thanks for your understandings!

Regards, 

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to shareexplore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 9:40 AM
  • No its not there

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 12:23 PM
  • There has been no answer to this

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 12:24 PM
  • There has been no answer to this

Could you try to encrypt the file as another file extension instead of stmt?

Regards,

Manu Meng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 29, 2019 10:11 AM