none
can't pages on site RRS feed

• Question

• getting this error

An error occurred
    during the processing of . Could not load file or assembly 'SharepointWebparts,
    Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b8fa36af0f2b8e29' or one of its
    dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

i can get to the site settings, etc, but nothing will open.

Friday, April 6, 2012 8:45 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Place the assembly SharepointWebparts in GAC and do an app pool recycle.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Saturday, April 7, 2012 4:20 AM
  • where should I be able to find that? I searched the server for *sharepointwebparts* and didn't find anything yesterday.
    Saturday, April 7, 2012 12:01 PM
  • Hi,

In this scenario I will say that your application is trying to use some code from this assembly but it is unable to find it. Hence It is throwing this error.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Saturday, April 7, 2012 1:00 PM
  • the default.master works

but there is an errorwebpart

in my custom master there is this

<%@ Register tagprefix="CrossSiteListView" namespace="CrossSiteListView" assembly="SharepointWebparts, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b8fa36af0f2b8e29" %>

is this related

An error occurred during the processing of . Could not load file or assembly 'SharepointWebparts, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b8fa36af0f2b8e29' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. 

Saturday, April 7, 2012 1:48 PM
  • just tried to select that webpart on my page I reset.

and receivedan error that it no longer exists in the web parts gallery. how can I find this?

Saturday, April 7, 2012 2:00 PM
  • ok in central admin under operations \ solutions \ says that a solution was retracted  at the same time of my server reboot

sharepointwebparts.wsp

type: core solution

how can I be sure this is the same reference? i'm able to get to other webparts on my server

is this a custom solution with a lame name?

Saturday, April 7, 2012 4:01 PM
  • Do you have a folder with name Sharepointwebparts in this location C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\FEATURES.

You have to deploy this solution in order to browse to your site as you have confirmed that the default master page works.

You can go to web part maintenance page by browsing to ....default.aspx?contents=1 and it should give the list of web parts on the page.

Regards, Vishwas

Monday, April 9, 2012 5:39 AM
  • I just needed to redeploy the solution and it worked. But why would rebooting the server cause the solutions to be retracted?

also had another weird issue with a directory going missing...don't know if it was a virtual directory in IIS to be honest  - I just recopied the directory to the server. But still... why would rebooting the server do this?

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 2:46 PM
  • Hi,

Could you please help to check if there is any error in the SharePoint ULS log which is related to the issue you mentioned?

Thanks,
    Jinchun Chen

Jinchun Chen
    Forum Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff AT microsoft.com(Please replace AT with @)

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:00 PM