Outlook not working RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I try to open Outlook, I get the message "The file C:\Users\Davor\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst cannot be found". Have taken a look in the map and the file isn't there despite my having done an upgrade installation from Office 2007. I'm running Office 2010 on Windows 7 Home Premium x64 edition.

Regards,
    Davor
    Saturday, February 6, 2010 5:17 PM

All replies

• Try to copy your *.pst files manually from the Office 2007 folder to the corresponding Office 2010 folder. I don't trust in "upgrade installations", especially with a beta product.
    "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.” (Thomas J. Watson, Sr.)
    Saturday, February 6, 2010 10:46 PM
  • Part of the problem is that you upgraded from 07.  While possiable typically, I don't recomend it.  I would certainly try manualy moving your .pst file.  If that does not work you can also create a new email profile, (if you need help with that you can check out my posting on my blog http://officeproffessor.blogspot.com/2010/02/creating-new-email-profile.html), and then manually, move it.  If niether one works then I would strongly look at un-installing 10 and then 07 then installing 2010 "clean" install.  Hope this helps.
    • Proposed as answer by Scott SC Wednesday, February 24, 2010 5:51 AM
    Monday, February 8, 2010 6:57 PM