none
OCS 2007 R1 users with Presence unknown status RRS feed

• Question

• In my organization we use ocs standard edition R1 and we are federated with our organization in

other countries. In one site users use ocslient 2.0 and they sign in with the same signin used

by our  federated country like user@country1.com and automatic logon. In another  site users

with the same client version use user@countr2y.com with client that points to a specific internal

server.Nearly a week ago i realized that some users  are enabled on both ocs servers, and what

happens is that when user from country1 seeks a user  in country2 the user appears on the

search field with presence unknown, this because the searched user appears with the country1

domain instead of country2. Ihave tried disabling the user from the ocsserver in country1 and

using the abserver -syncnow, but i still find the user wth country1  domain and presence unknown status, searching the user in my client MOC2007 , but it shouldn't appear, because I aready disabled it . 

what else can I do? I need that the user appears with the country2 domain. which is

federated with country1 users

Thanks for answering

Saturday, April 16, 2011 2:21 PM

All replies

• Hi, Maipercaso, here're some suggestions.

1.  The DNS issues. OCS will try to contact the domain as a federation partner and lookup the sip address for the domain. So please check the sip record in DNS.

2.  The firewall issue. When inside, communicate with the server over port 5061. But when outside of the firewall, use port 443. Please check the port.

3.  When you configure the users, try to enable the enhanced presence.

4.  Please pay attention to the Presence Polices. The default policy “CategorySubscriptions” is 1000 and “PromptedSubscribers” is 200. More information as below, http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd572944(office.13).aspx.

5. Once you disable a user, next time when you serch such a URI, you'll find the status is "Presence unknown".

Hope above all helpful.

Monday, April 18, 2011 9:46 AM
  • Thank you Teney,but  probably my question was a bit confusing. the problem is that there are persons in my organization,which are enabled in my ocs server and they are also enabled in federated ocs server, and they sign in ocs client with the federated account. I want that when I search these type of accounts from my  ocs client i get only the sip federated contact and not both, disabling the account doesn't change result. I get one user@internaldomain which presence is unknown, and the federated User@federateddomain, which is correct. Is there a way that shows me only one address, the federated one and not the other?

Hopes that is more clear

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 7:19 PM
  • Hi, Maipercaso,

Here’re some suggestions for you.

1.     Run abserver.exe –regenur

2.     Run abserver.exe –syncnow

3.     Delete file GalContacts.db from your client

In addition, please refer to Deleting Office Communications Server Users

Above all, hope helpful.

Noya

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Monday, April 25, 2011 9:19 AM