none
Multiple filter choices not available at list view on application page RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

i created an application page embedded with a listview from an other site (for global listviewing).

But on this list, the filter on the column headers are not working as expected. I do not get the choices of multiple values (checkboxes):

App page:

Wanted:

The "ViewStyle" of the listview is not set, should be "Default".

Any suggestions to get this to work as expected ?

Thursday, April 5, 2018 3:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Thomas Stessl,

Did you create the application page in visual studio?  How did you add the list view web part in the application page?

If so, per my test in my SharePoint 2013 environment, I encountered the same issue with you. There is no select box before the filters. And we only can select one filter. And cannot select multiple filters.

I suggest you do not use the application page if you just add the list view web part in the page.

An application page contains content that is merged with a SharePoint Master page.

And the application page is used for system settings in SharePoint site.

And the application page is different from the page created from the SharePoint UI.

The application page inherits the different classes from the page created from the SharePoint UI.

I suggest you could create page in Site Pages or Pages library and add the list view web part by editing the page.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, April 6, 2018 4:47 AM
  • Hi Thomas Stessl,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 9, 2018 5:29 AM
  • Hi Thomas Stessl,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

If the issue was resolved, you can mark the helpful post as answer to help other community members find the helpful information quickly.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Thursday, April 12, 2018 1:39 AM
  • We cannot use normal pages, because this view will be used on many diff. sites (global list view).
    This way it is much easier to maintain the view on one page.

Monday, April 16, 2018 7:07 AM
  • Hi Thomas Stessl,

If you want to use the application page, you could consider adding custom filters to filter the list in the application page.

More references:

Dynamically Filtering SharePoint List Views using Javascript.

https://platinumdogs.me/2014/07/15/dynamically-filtering-sharepoint-list-views-using-javascript/

SharePoint 2013 Custom AJAX filters on List View Web Parts.

https://roykim.ca/2014/05/25/sharepoint-2013-custom-ajax-filters-on-list-view-web-parts/

Filter a list dynamically.

https://christopherclementen.wordpress.com/2012/04/02/filter-a-list-dynamically/

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Tuesday, April 17, 2018 1:27 AM
  • Hi Thomas Stessl,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Thursday, April 19, 2018 1:27 AM
  • Hi Thomas Stessl,

I am checking to see how things are going there on this issue. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

If the issue was resolved, you can mark the helpful post as answer to help other community members find the helpful information quickly.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Monday, April 30, 2018 9:29 AM