none
Cannot share an Excel 2010 workbook in SharePoint 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a .xlsx file on a network drive and the Share Workbook feature works: multiple users can edit the workbook.

But on SharePoint Foundation 2013:

1. I create a new file in a SharePoint location, and click on Share Workbook in Excel. A warning message pops, telling me that I must uncheck a specific security option ("Remove personal information from file properties when saving"). I do as it says.
    2. I click again on Share Workbook and the menu now opens correctly. I check "Allow multiple users..."
    3. I click Ok it tells me that it will save the document. I click Ok but then I says something like "The document was saved, but Excel cannot open the document because of share violation. Try reopening the document".
    4. I click Ok then it says that the document is locked.
    5. I reopen the document and try to edit something, it says that I'm no longer connected to the file, and I cannot save anything. (I also notice that in the top title bar there is [Shared]).

So the Share Workbook feature works on a normal network drive, but not on SharePoint. What could be the cause of this?

Thank you

• Edited by Paul Richer Monday, April 22, 2013 4:20 PM typo
    Monday, April 22, 2013 4:18 PM

Answers