none
Exchange Server and outlook disconnected RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

We have a scenario.

We have One DC and One Exchange Server 2016. Both are running on Windows Server 2016.

Under the DC we have one Child Domain Controller and users are available in this Child Domain Controller.

We Added another Server and promote this server as Additional Domain Controller to the Child Domain Controller.

Now we transfer all FSMO roles from old Child DC to New Child DC and make it as PDC.

The Other Child Domain Controller is as ADC.

All the Domain Controllers are GC as well.

Issue is When our old Child Domain  Controller Goes Down our Exchange Stops Working and outlook move into Disconnected State. It is not able to communicate with New ADC.

Again when the Old DC is up the Exchange become online and outlook shows connected.

Please help

Timely Advice is highly appreciated

Wednesday, May 15, 2019 10:06 AM

All replies

• Have you configured new DNS server on network settings for clients (DHCP)?
    Wednesday, May 15, 2019 10:50 AM
  • Our DHCP Server is on Microtik Router and DNS Server has been configured on the Microtik Router.

Thursday, May 16, 2019 2:51 AM
  • Hi,

Run the following command to make sure, no DC is configured to be static:

Get-ExchangeServer <server name> -Status |fl *static*,*current*

You can use the following command to check which DC the client is connecting:

nltest /DSGETDC:<domain name>

For clients that have been connected to the old Child Domain Controller, there will be some local cache. We suggest you try to create a new Outlook profile or restart the client side next time.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, May 16, 2019 8:24 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks. 

Get-ExchangeServer <server name> -Status |fl *static*,*current*-----> Returns all the Domain Controllers.

(Primary (Root)Domain Controllers and Two Child Domain Controllers)

nltest /DSGETDC:<domain name>--------> Returned the Old Domain Controller

When i run the ping against my child domain it returns the ip address of old Child Domai

n Controller

However i set the ADServer to new child Domain Controller

nltest is returning me the new Child Domain Controller

Thursday, May 16, 2019 11:55 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks. 

Get-ExchangeServer <server name> -Status |fl *static*,*current*-----> Returns all the Domain Controllers.

(Primary (Root)Domain Controllers and Two Child Domain Controllers)

nltest /DSGETDC:<domain name>--------> Returned the Old Domain Controller

When i run the ping against my child domain it returns the ip address of old Child Domai

n Controller

However i set the ADServer to new child Domain Controller

nltest is returning me the new Child Domain Controller

I am Still facing the Same Problem. Outlook Keep Disconnected after we shutdown the old domain controller.

Sunday, May 19, 2019 4:46 AM
  • Did you try to create a new Outlook profile or restart the client side? Does the issue persist?

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 20, 2019 9:19 AM
  • Is there any update on this thread?

Does restarting the client side work for you? Please let us know if you would like further assistance. 

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Thursday, May 23, 2019 1:27 AM
  • Hi

Client Just informed us that the issue is still pending.

There is still the problem as mentioned above.

Saturday, July 20, 2019 8:03 AM