none
Office 365 - Outlook 2010 Data Migration

Question

• Hi,

I have recently upgraded from Office 2003 to Office 2010. Sweet!  I now want the facilitate email, calendar, and contact synchronization with my Android (Droid Charge)phone.  I am about 20 days into a trial version of Office 365.  On my desktop I see separate versions of my Office 365 and Outlook (desktop) calendars.  I see the same in separate contact (I imported contacts into Ofc 365) and separate email accounts.  Emails to the Ofc 365 account turn up fine and can be viewed via smartphone or within the Ofc 365 email account on my desktop.  Calendar and contact items added, changed or deleted within Office 365 show up fine when viewed via smartphone or desktop. My objective was not to have a new set of separate accounts, but to have access to my Outlook origional/desktop items via my Android and other devices.  How do I merge existing calendar, contact, and email items into Office 365.  Isn't that the whole point?  What am I missing?

Thanks for any insight.

S

Tuesday, November 08, 2011 6:36 AM

Answers

• To do so, please follow the following steps: 

Export your existing calendar, contact, and email items from your old email box account

===================================================

1, In Outlook, click File > OpenImport and Export.   
    2, In the Import and Export Wizard dialog box, do the following:

a, Under Choose an action to perform, select Export to a file, and then click Next.   
         b, On the Export to a File page, select Personal Folder File (.pst), and then click Next.   
         c, On the Export Personal Folders page, under Select the folder to export from, select old Mailbox -<user name>. Make sure the check box of Include Subfolders is selected, and then click Next.   
         d, On the Export Personal Folders page, in the Save exported file as box, note the location where the backup.pst file will be created. By default, it's C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\backup.pst. Under Options, select Replace duplicates with items exported, and then click Finish
         e, On the Create Microsoft Personal Folders page, click OK to create a .pst file. If you want, set a password to protect the .pst file, which will be named backup.pst. A password isn't required.

Import your old calendar, contact, and email items to your Office365 account

=================================================

1, Connect to the account you want to move the data to using Outlook 2010.   
    2, In Outlook, click File > Open > Import and Export 
    3, In the Import and Export Wizard dialog box:

a, Under Choose an action to perform, select Import from another program or file, and then click Next.   
         b, On the Import a File page, select Personal Folder File (.pst), and then click Next   
         c, In Import Personal Folders, under File to import, locate the backup.pst file you created. Under Options, select Replace duplicates with items imported, and then click Next.   
         d, In Import Personal Folders, under Select the folder to import from, select the top node. Select Include subfolders, select Import items into the same folder in, and then select the top node of your mailbox (Mailbox - <user name>). Click Finish.

Notice: After moving these items from old email account to Office 365 , you might find that there will be multiple Contact folders, Calendar folders in your email profile.

Sincerely,

Max Meng
    Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 7:37 AM

All replies

• To do so, please follow the following steps: 

Export your existing calendar, contact, and email items from your old email box account

===================================================

1, In Outlook, click File > OpenImport and Export.   
    2, In the Import and Export Wizard dialog box, do the following:

a, Under Choose an action to perform, select Export to a file, and then click Next.   
         b, On the Export to a File page, select Personal Folder File (.pst), and then click Next.   
         c, On the Export Personal Folders page, under Select the folder to export from, select old Mailbox -<user name>. Make sure the check box of Include Subfolders is selected, and then click Next.   
         d, On the Export Personal Folders page, in the Save exported file as box, note the location where the backup.pst file will be created. By default, it's C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\backup.pst. Under Options, select Replace duplicates with items exported, and then click Finish
         e, On the Create Microsoft Personal Folders page, click OK to create a .pst file. If you want, set a password to protect the .pst file, which will be named backup.pst. A password isn't required.

Import your old calendar, contact, and email items to your Office365 account

=================================================

1, Connect to the account you want to move the data to using Outlook 2010.   
    2, In Outlook, click File > Open > Import and Export 
    3, In the Import and Export Wizard dialog box:

a, Under Choose an action to perform, select Import from another program or file, and then click Next.   
         b, On the Import a File page, select Personal Folder File (.pst), and then click Next   
         c, In Import Personal Folders, under File to import, locate the backup.pst file you created. Under Options, select Replace duplicates with items imported, and then click Next.   
         d, In Import Personal Folders, under Select the folder to import from, select the top node. Select Include subfolders, select Import items into the same folder in, and then select the top node of your mailbox (Mailbox - <user name>). Click Finish.

Notice: After moving these items from old email account to Office 365 , you might find that there will be multiple Contact folders, Calendar folders in your email profile.

Sincerely,

Max Meng
    Forum Support

Come back and mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, November 10, 2011 7:37 AM
  • Hello Max Meng,
    You have answered for Calendar but NOT for Emails / Contacts.
    I too have same query & urge you reply.
    Thanks / kind regards,
    Himesh.

Monday, November 05, 2012 9:21 AM
  • Hi Max,

I do not want to export my email to office365, I want to set up Outlook to access and retrieve email from the office 365 server.

Nick

• Edited by kignik Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:56 PM
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 3:55 PM
  • Hi Max,

I do not want to export my email to office365, I want to set up Outlook to access and retrieve email from the office 365 server.

Nick

Read

Connect Office 365 to your Outlook desktop application
    http://onlinehelp.microsoft.com/en-us/office365-enterprises/ff637593.aspx

or

Set Up E-Mail in Outlook 2010 or Outlook 2013
    http://help.outlook.com/en-us/140/dd253202.aspx

Max Meng
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, November 29, 2012 6:24 AM