none
OOO

Answers

• Hi,

By default, only one OOF reply is sent to each sender in one day, you don't have additional settings. Is it what you mean "reply 1 every 24 hours"?

For your question about DAG, we recommend to balance the active database copies across the DAG. With DNS load balancing, you have to provide your clients with the IP address of every Mailbox server. Each individual Exchange server in your organization would require an external IP address.

If you need more information about your new issue, you can post a new thread in the forum. More people will pay attention to it.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Marked as answer by jamicon Tuesday, May 28, 2019 11:29 AM
    Monday, May 27, 2019 9:42 AM

All replies

• 1x after every new set of OOF.

this is good so because otherwise when 2 people has activate OOF you have a ping pong.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powershell/module/exchange/mailboxes/set-mailboxautoreplyconfiguration?view=exchange-ps

Chris

Saturday, May 18, 2019 3:59 PM
  • Hi,

Use automatic replies whenever you want to let people who send you email know that you won’t be responding to their messages right away.

After automatic replies are turned on, they’ll be sent once to each sender.

OOF is set for a specific mailbox. Users can set automatic replies in OWA or Outlook. Administrator can the use Set-MailboxAutoReplyConfiguration cmdlet that Chris mentioned, to configure automatic replies settings for users. For reference: Automatic replies (formerly Out of Office assistant)

The link Only one reply is sent to each sender when the Out of Office Assistant is enabled you provided illustrates when you set OOF and receive emails, the auto reply message will be set to the sender. The same sender will receive your auto reply message only once a day.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, May 20, 2019 8:20 AM
  • my audience is requesting once every 24 hours.

so if they email person who is OOF they would only get but at least get 1 every 24 hours while that users is OOF, company wide.

how would I do that?

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 11:41 AM
  • hi, thanks.

my audience is requesting once every 24 hours.

so if they email person who is OOF they would only get but at least get 1 every 24 hours while that users is OOF, company wide.

how would I do that?

Tuesday, May 21, 2019 11:42 AM
  • Hi,

You can use Automatic Reply Rules to reply to every message you received. Files > Automatic Replies > Automatic Reply Rules:

You can set to reply with template:

You can check this blog for more information: Use Automatic reply rules without sending an Out of Office message

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

Thursday, May 23, 2019 10:38 AM
  • thanks for your reply, I was hoping for an exchange global solution to reply 1 every 24 hours.

anything like that?

let me ask you this exchange question - if I have 2 servers with attached jbod storage, 1 DB per volume and 20 DB's should I divide half active on server1 and half active on server2 or should I put everything active on server1 and let server2 just be a replicate backup?

Both servers are identical and both are internet facing from 2 different colos. 2 public IP's in round robin or does it even matter? I have them split now.

• Edited by jamicon Thursday, May 23, 2019 2:55 PM
    Thursday, May 23, 2019 1:13 PM
  • Hi,

By default, only one OOF reply is sent to each sender in one day, you don't have additional settings. Is it what you mean "reply 1 every 24 hours"?

For your question about DAG, we recommend to balance the active database copies across the DAG. With DNS load balancing, you have to provide your clients with the IP address of every Mailbox server. Each individual Exchange server in your organization would require an external IP address.

If you need more information about your new issue, you can post a new thread in the forum. More people will pay attention to it.

Regards,

Lydia Zhou

• Marked as answer by jamicon Tuesday, May 28, 2019 11:29 AM
    Monday, May 27, 2019 9:42 AM