none
The problem with installing Microsoft Office 2010 or 2013pro in windows 8

Question

• Hi all,

I have got a MACBOOK Air Laptop installed Windows 8 Professional x64.

I have tried several times to install Microsoft Office 2010 Pro and Office 2013 Pro (both 64 bit), but not successfully for every time. The problems here is the progress of the installing is almost done, about 90% of its progress, it got suspended at this percentage.

i would thank in advance if any who could help me get out this issue.

Thanks.

Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:13 AM

Answers

• Hi, Thank for your reply.

After asking for help from the MS Expert, he sent me the useful link which is the same troubleshooting case as mine. I tried to do it and my problem was successfully fixed by doing as follows:

• Open Services.msc window, look for the "Print spooler service", stop it temporarily during your office installing.
    • After successfully, start it again.

hope that it might help.

• Marked as answer by giangmsd Friday, November 16, 2012 6:21 AM
    Friday, November 16, 2012 6:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Try the following steps to check the issue:

1. Install Office 2013
    2. When the Setup hangs (about 90% you mentioned)
    3. Terminate the setup process in Task Manager (hitting "End task")
    4. Restart
    5. In Programs and Features, right click on "Microsoft Office 2013", then click "Change"
    6. In the setup window, choose "Enter product key"
    7. The setup program will configure Office 2013, and then completes

Jaynet Zhang
    TechNet Community Support
    A new Office has arrived, try it now.
    A beautiful Start. It begins here. Windows 8 and Windows RT.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Proposed as answer by eejad Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:07 PM
    Friday, November 16, 2012 2:31 AM
  • Hi, Thank for your reply.

After asking for help from the MS Expert, he sent me the useful link which is the same troubleshooting case as mine. I tried to do it and my problem was successfully fixed by doing as follows:

• Open Services.msc window, look for the "Print spooler service", stop it temporarily during your office installing.
    • After successfully, start it again.

hope that it might help.

• Marked as answer by giangmsd Friday, November 16, 2012 6:21 AM
    Friday, November 16, 2012 6:21 AM
  • giangmsd,

I had the same issue installing Office 2013 Professional Plus; install would hang at about 80-90% complete, and attempted every possible solution I found online without success.

As a last resort I decided to look for a solution within the TechNet forums and thankfully came across your solution; it worked!!!

Thank you!

• Proposed as answer by Mahadevan V Friday, January 11, 2013 12:19 AM
    Saturday, December 15, 2012 5:19 PM
  • thanks, this is the single solution that worked for me, maybe MSFT should update the installer to overcome this issue.

Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:13 PM
  • Hi giangmsd,

I spent about 1 hour trying to find a solution to this problem, until I saw your post :)

It's working. Thanks a lot. 

Thursday, January 10, 2013 10:59 PM
  • Thanks, it worked.
    Thursday, January 31, 2013 2:07 PM
  • If stopping the print spooler solved this for you can you post the default printer you had installed at the time? We are trying to track down which printers cause this problem.

Thank you,
    Tom Oliver
    Microsoft Office Support

Monday, February 04, 2013 8:41 PM
  • My installation stalled at about 50%.  I stopped the Print Spooler service and it progressed to about 70% and stopped again.  I started the Print Spooler service and it installed to "Installing Updates" and hanged again.  Stopping the Print Spooler service took in installation to the end.  My default Print Device is an HP Officejet 4500 G510g-m.

Thanks to whomever figured this painful solution out!!!
    • Edited by wildtrout1 Wednesday, February 06, 2013 12:31 AM
    Tuesday, February 05, 2013 11:35 PM
  • stopping the print spooler worked for me. I am running the Ricoh Class Driver( windows 8 Native) for an MPC2050 Ricoh copier as default. 
    Thursday, February 07, 2013 5:12 AM