none
EDGE server Synchronisation and High availability RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Team

I have 2 Edge Servers in my Setup i want to provide high availability for these servers and i dont want to use a Load balancer

Someone told me that with Exchange 2016 i can Generate the Edge file on One server and  sync like this

Start-EdgeSynchronization - TargetServer Edge01 -ForceFullSync

Start-EdgeSynchronization - TargetServer Edge02 -ForceFullSync

What do you think?

Sunday, June 23, 2019 4:49 PM

All replies

• Hi mbey,

You could configure the Edge Servers in network load balancing cluster, here’s a similar thread for your reference:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/9af90ba6-1a3f-4bbf-b3b4-4c0f37859b75/edge-exchange-server-20102016-high-availability?forum=Exch2016MFSM

The TargetServer parameter specifies an Edge Transport server to initiate edge synchronization with. If omitted, all Edge Transport servers are synchronized.

The ForceFullSync switch specifies whether to initiate a full edge synchronization. If you run the command without this switch, only changes since the last replication are synchronized. If you use this switch, the entire configuration information and recipient data are synchronized.

You import the all Edge Subscription files to the Active Directory site by running the New-EdgeSubscription cmdlet on the Mailbox server.

Start-EdgeSynchronization  -ForceFullSync

For more information about Edge servers, articles below might help you:

Edge Subscriptions

Start-EdgeSynchronization

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, June 24, 2019 3:29 AM
  • Hi mbey,

I am writing here to confirm with you how the thing going now?

If you need further help, please provide more detailed information, so that we can give more appropriate suggestions

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Thursday, June 27, 2019 1:49 AM
  • Hello Kevin

We can close this for the moment. I left the customer site 

I will let you know

Rgds

Thursday, June 27, 2019 10:40 AM
  • Hi mbey,

I hope you were delighted with the service we provided you. Feel free to contact us if you have any other concerns on this issue or any new questions. We are always at your service.If you don't mind, we'd suggest you mark the useful replies as answers, this will help more people with similar issues. 

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Kelvin Deng

Friday, June 28, 2019 2:21 AM