none
Exchange 2010 OWA - Lync 2010 Integration RRS feed

• Question

• I have Exchange 2010 SP3 update rollup 2 level OWA that I'm trying to get Lync 2010 integration enabled on. I have installed all the neccessary software on the CAS servers in the order specified on both of my CAS Servers setup in a DAG. I  performed the OWA Virtual directory setup with the correct SSL certificate for the fqdn of my CAS Server on both CAS servers behind my hardware load balancer and reset iis on both boxes and even did a full restart on both boxes. I then created the trusted application pool and trusted application for the CAS Array FQDN as specified and published the topology as requested. I verified that the exchange servers have enabled OCS integration and that is enabled on all mailboxes that are Lync users. When I log into OWA, I don't see any pressence indicator nor errors to go off. OWA only shows the seperate Lync contacts under the contacts section in outlook but nothing else. I have no pressence, im, or anything to indicate an error. I've done log traces in Lync and never see Lync trying to contact the exchange servers to look for errors. 

Anyone have any ideas of why the integration won't show at all or even indicate any connection attempts at all despite the software being installed? 

Monday, October 14, 2013 8:28 PM

Answers

• FYI. I figured out the issue. There is a command that is missing from all the documentation that is required. 

get-owamailboxpolicy | set-owamailboxpolicy –instantmessagingtype ocs

You have to enable the OWA Mailbox Policy on Exchange 2010 to be OCS in order for the integration to work. When I did my setup, the value was blank which is why the integration wasn't working. 

I wanted to post this in case others have my same exact issue. 

Monday, October 14, 2013 9:59 PM

All replies