none
Integrate Excel survey with Office products for Automated Reporting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a simple quantitative survey (4 column, 10 rows) that I'll send to about 100 of my clients. Hence I don't think I need a proper Access DB.

I would like to know which would be the best approach to automate the process of gathering data and reporting.

My understanding is that the flow between office products may be:

- Survey compilation in Sharepoint/Powerapps/Infopath;

- Data analytics in Excel/Power BI;

- Automated reporting to the user that compiled the survey.

I am perfectly confident with Excel, PowerPivot, PowerBI, but I have no experience in automating data gathering and reporting to the respective client.

Want to know if someone could suggest the easiest products to use in order to reach this goal.

Thanks

Friday, November 1, 2019 3:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Not sure what kind of comparison did you need to use in Power BI. Table? Chart? or methods?

If possible, you can post this question to Power BI forum:

https://community.powerbi.com/

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Friday, November 22, 2019 9:48 AM

All replies

• Hi,

What version of Office did you use?

In my opinion you can try to use Excel online survey feature:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/surveys-in-excel-hosted-on-the-web-5fafd054-19f8-474c-97ec-b606fcda0ff9

If you use OneDrive for Business, you can use Power BI Desktop to get Excel file from OneDrive for Business:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-use-onedrive-business-links

If my understanding is incorrect, please provide more information about your problem and I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Monday, November 4, 2019 8:12 AM
  • Hi,

Just checking in to see if the information was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Wednesday, November 6, 2019 8:52 AM
  • Thanks for the reply and sorry for being late.

I'm on Office 365 Business. I understand I can use bot PowerApps and Excel Online Survey. I am now more worried about the reporting. I often use PowerBI for dedicated Analysis, but I wonder if it would work for this project. Specifically:

I will have 100 users that will input the data in Excel. The data will be aggregated in order to have a benchmark, keeping track internally of the source (user).

While reporting through PowerBI, is it possibile to give the single user his own report compared to the benchmark?

Regards

Sunday, November 10, 2019 5:03 PM
  • Hi,

Not sure what kind of comparison did you need to use in Power BI. Table? Chart? or methods?

If possible, you can post this question to Power BI forum:

https://community.powerbi.com/

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Friday, November 22, 2019 9:48 AM