none
installing office pro plus 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• i downloaded the installer for office pro plus 2010 . i'm running windows xp home. upon double clicking the setup icon i received this message: Setup Error.. ProPlus.WW\OSETUP.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present . .. hope somebody can advise me on this. do i have to upgrade to windows 7 in order for office pro plus 2010 to be installed?
    Saturday, July 24, 2010 11:13 AM

Answers

• It will install on XP w/SP3 no problem. I've done it.

Where did you download the installer? If it's from MS, try downloading it again.
     Regards,
    Hank Arnold
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Server - Directory Services
    http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/personal-pc-assistant/

On 7/24/2010 7:13 AM, palladium2010 wrote:

i downloaded the installer for office pro plus 2010 . i'm running windows xp home. upon double clicking the setup icon i received this message:*Setup Error.. ProPlus.WW\OSETUP.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present* . .. hope somebody can advise me on this. do i have to upgrade to windows 7 in order for office pro plus 2010 to be installed?

Regards, Hank Arnold (MVP - DS)
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Monday, August 2, 2010 2:12 AM
    Monday, July 26, 2010 9:22 AM

All replies

• No, the product will install on Windows XP with Service Pack 3.

I've never gone the download route from Microsoft servers... so was the download in an ISO format?  If yes, did you in turn burn that to CD/DVD, extract the contents to your drive, or mount it in a virtual CD/DVD drive?

The reason that I ask is that it sounds like OSETUP.DLL is corrupt and it just needs to be replaced with a good version.

i downloaded the installer for office pro plus 2010 . i'm running windows xp home. upon double clicking the setup icon i received this message: Setup Error.. ProPlus.WW\OSETUP.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present . .. hope somebody can advise me on this. do i have to upgrade to windows 7 in order for office pro plus 2010 to be installed?
    Saturday, July 24, 2010 3:18 PM
  • Hi,

Try the steps mentioned under Method 3 (Option 2) in the article below and then check if you’re able to install Office.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924619

Note: The steps for Office 2010 are similar.

Best Regards,

Sally Tang

Monday, July 26, 2010 9:18 AM
  • It will install on XP w/SP3 no problem. I've done it.

Where did you download the installer? If it's from MS, try downloading it again.
     Regards,
    Hank Arnold
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows Server - Directory Services
    http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/personal-pc-assistant/

On 7/24/2010 7:13 AM, palladium2010 wrote:

i downloaded the installer for office pro plus 2010 . i'm running windows xp home. upon double clicking the setup icon i received this message:*Setup Error.. ProPlus.WW\OSETUP.DLL digital signature does not validate or is not present* . .. hope somebody can advise me on this. do i have to upgrade to windows 7 in order for office pro plus 2010 to be installed?

Regards, Hank Arnold (MVP - DS)
    • Marked as answer by Sally Tang Monday, August 2, 2010 2:12 AM
    Monday, July 26, 2010 9:22 AM